On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

JANUARY 30TH (10:30 PM)

A BIG THANK you toooo Frans Boutique and Salon for their fundraiser and to News 4 Jax for covering the story along with Channel 12!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

You can hear the interview I had with Gator Country 99.9 on my facebook page and I am trying to upload it on this website... probably won't happen until tomorrow!  Check out the Florida Times Union as Nick and I were interviewed the same day and the story should appear in the paper tomorrow morning.... if not, then Monday's paper!

Alex is doing geat and continues to amaze me with things he does on a daily basis without being asked!!  Theresa Hawkins came in tonight with Caitlyn and friend Elizabeth and we were trying to get him to say see you tomorrow and naturally Alex does things when HE WANTS TO DO THINGS.... so he wasn't having any of that and closed his eyes as if to say... get out of my face, lol.  We stood there and talked for a minute before she was going to leave and then she said "ok Alex, I will see you tomorrow" ... how bout that little buggar decides he is going to SIGN... her.  Like the letter "C" and then pointed to her for "U"..... in other words... SEE YOU.  He also told her he loved her, gave her the sign for I Love You and then waved bye!  HE IS AWESOME!  Everyday it seems as though he comes up with some little unique way to surprise me or amaze me showing me that he is still in there!  THANK YOU GOD!  Some of you may or may not know this, I can't remember if I wrote about the day the doctor told me he probably wouldn't be the same Alex that he was once before.  I BEG TO DIFFER, ha ha!  Same old Alex is in there..... he was just taking a nap for a little while until his brain healed enough to be a smartypants again. 

PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Peace and comfort for the family of the 2-year old from Mayport.... next couple of days are going to be really tough for them, especially the dad, Bert.

PRAY FOR:
  1. Alex's swelling to keep diminishing
  2. Alex's doctor to say it's ok for the catheter to come out now, lol
  3. For the EVD drain to be taken out in the next couple of days so that we can travel to Brooks for some rehab!
 EMT'S, FIRE RESCUE AND POLICE OFFICERS that arrived on the scene that tragic afternoon:

You play a huge part in the survival of my precious Alex and I wanted to personally thank you all myself!  It was a team effort to get him here that day and you all played a very important role in why he is here today!  If you have a minute, please stop by, introduce yourself and take a peek at Alex.  Noone can possibly imagine what you saw that day nor can we imagine the image that is stuck in your head when you think of him.  It will do you a world of good to come and see him  and erase what you must be carrying with you on a daily basis.  If anything it will give you hope.... hope for the next time you have to go on a scene or respond to a call.... that maybe... just maybe..... God will perform a miracle on that child as well and be as fortunate as Alex is!  I know that you see first hand what people are capable of but I want you to see the work in progress of what GOD IS CAPABLE OF!  Things like this happen everyday... again, it's one thing to hear about it.... it's another to witness it!  I would love to thank you in person and introduce you to one of the most heroic kids of all time....a strong little fighter... handsome as ever..... come check out what God is doing and witness it yourself!  Then you can carry THIS image with you and know that God is present and miracles do happen in the aftermath..... you played a part in this... come claim your prize image....He's a handsome boy with a fight and desire to live and be as he once was!  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!  I love you!

Remember... Sunday is family day... God then family... both are a must!  Kiss those babies, hug those babies.... house work can wait!  I wish I could hug mine.... so stop and hug yours for me!!

PEACE~ LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa