On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

SNOW DAY WAS A GREAT DAY! THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!

WOW.... WOW... WOW!  I can tell you all right now...... WE ARE FEELING LOVED!!   AWESOME... AWESOME... AWESOME... AWESOME!  Thank you again to THE ICE MAN, his crew, the friends, the family.... the families that came out there to support... Macedonia Baptist Church, my homies! Sherri Jo.... THANK YOU... thank you for wanting this for my boy.... for your love and support!!  I am truly blessed to have such an awesome community come together for MY son.... Alex Ross OUR HERO!  It was really nice to get out today... get some good ole vitamin D... Lord knows I need it being couped up in the hospital for the past 45 days!  I still am in awe of the turnout today... it just blows me away and I am touched by the many many people who came up and introduced themselves and just encouraged me to continue blogging.  To continue blogging even after Alex gets well... to just write about whatever, lol!  What a great day I had just being in the presence of all of you and hearing all the encouraging words and blessings for Alex that you bestowed upon me.  THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT!  I got blue hair extensions, my face painted, had a hot dog, chips and a coke... went down the slide... HAD A GREAT TIME!  Alex would have been doing back flips down the slide, standing on the boogie boards snow boarding and surely trying to flip at the end!  I couldn't wait to get back and share all of my stories with Alex... of course he can't wait to get home so we can do it again, lol!  Again... thank you all so very very much from the bottom of my heart for what turned out to be a supercalifragilisticexpealadocious day!!!  Oooooorrrr as I like to say when I'm having a great day... it was a "BIG MAC" day!!

Once I got back to the hospital we had two sweet little visitors.... two of his nurses from Shands... Miss Lori and Miss Melissa!  THANK YOU for taking time out of your busy day to come for a visit!  WE SURELY MISS YOU HERE!  I love how Alex was winking and blowing you kisses when you left... what a ladies man!

Alex has been wanting Chad's Chicken Alfredo and we got the ok from Miss Nicole, his speech therapist to go for it.  Chad went home and cooked it all up after the benefit today and brought up two huge pots of it and Alex actually sat in his chair in the rec room and had dinner with our "family" tonight!  And he showed off and FED HIMSELF!!  It was almost like having the old Alex around... just hanging out... laughing... you know he was putting on a show for all of us!  He still has that same old spark and wit that was there before this all happened.  I was trying to get him to tell everyone what he calls his physical therapist.... her name is Jennifer.. she goes by Jenny... but in order to get him to remember each person... I try to relate something to that person that he can remember more easily.  Soooo , I came up with Forest Gump and he could refer to her as Jennnnaaaaaay.... lol.  I thought that's what he was going to tell everyone.... WRONG... .. so let's start over... "Alex, tell them what you call your physical therapist"..... Alex says.... "My Boo" ... hahahahahaha!  He  cracks me up!  Just like the other day... I forgot to share this... this will make you laugh!  We are going to speech therapy down the hall and this other guy, probably 25-28ish, is in a wheel chair... both legs are in a cast....comes out of one of the rooms and takes a look at Alex, who is dressed in Gator PJ pants, Gator Thermal shirt, Gator Socks with his Gator Helmet, and the guy says... "Gators... the Gators suck".... Alex being of sound mind and body... quickly raises his hand and SHOOTS HIM THE BIRD!!  All you Gator fans will appreciate that! hahahahahahaha!

Today was a great day.... It's 12:44am and I could probably type all night because that's the kind of mood I am in right now.... however... my sister has to catch a plane at 6:30am...which means we have to be there by 5:30am...which means... I BETTA GET TO BED!  Kristen...  I LOVE YOU!!  I will miss you dearly little sister..... it won't be the same without you... I have enjoyed having you here and you know the visit was too short so you have to hurry back!  He will be walking and talking next time we see you!!  LEAPS AND BOUNDS!

Thank you all ... a million times over for the great love and support you have all shown me not only today, but every day since this has happened to me and my family!  Alex is my superman... my hero... and he won't let you guys down!  God has great plans for him and I'm excited to see what's in store!!

TOMORROW is another big day for Alex...

BOWLING at CASSAT BATT BOWL on Cassat Ave from 11-2.  Can't wait to see ya'll there... wow.. 2 days OUT in a row... Getting kinda crazy around here!!!  Looking forward to some more bonding time with all of you.... see you soon......

ORANGE PARK GOLF TOURNAMENT... Chad will be attending that... meeeeeee.. not so much, lol!  Until I can learn the sport... I shall stick to bowling :0)  Thank you Jarred and Randy Garcia for putting this event together and loving our family enough to take time out of your day and away from your family time for us!  GOD BLESS YOU!  To all those playing... watch out for Chad... he hasn't picked up his golf clubs in FOREVER so who knows where his balls will be going, hahahahaha!  Sincerely though... thank you to all who are participating in that as well... YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa