On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

TODAY WE GIVE YOU THANKS!



Alex has been relaxing and chilling this weekend.... EATING anything and everything that is brought to him!  Anytime someone goes to leave... they say..."Alex is there anything I can bring you next time I come?"  His response...."FOOD".  He has had cheeseburgers, fries, shakes, McChicken, chicken nuggets... or as Chad calls them...DLB's... Delicious Little Boots, lol.... ummmm, cotton candy (thank you miss Angie..... he's been on a sugar high...hahahhaha)... HE HAS BEEN EATING HIS WEEKEND AWAY!!

TODAY I WANT TO GIVE YOU THANKS......a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who have been bringing us food for lunches and dinners because there is NO way I could afford to eat out breakfast, lunch and dinner....NO WAY!  Thank you to those who have signed up on the calendar to bring us meals and to those who bring snacks and drinks and plates and cups..... You have been a God Send since this all happened.  I have had so many other things to worry about and focus on that it has been wonderful having all of you come with dinner or lunch and visit.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it and how much money you have saved our family.....THANK YOU!  Most of our friends here at Brooks are from out of town.... Orlando, Tallahassee, Panama City and they do not have the luxury I have of being in my hometown with awesome friends to supply meals, snacks, visits and washing clothes (thank you Kinlin!).  I would love to name all of you on here and give you proper recognition but I have a notebook full of names to thank and it would take me all night just to ORGANIZE it all.  Please know that every little thing.... any of you do ...does NOT go unnoticed and I can't thank you enough for all of the love and support you have continued to show as we go into our 2nd month of this!  Almost 2 months... how crazy is that?  I have lost almost 2 months of my life yet it still seems as though it happened yesterday.

I want to thank the people who constantly think of Alex wherever they are.... especially the ones that send me pictures from places like the monster truck jam to show him:  see below:




You guys know he would have been right there with you if he could have!!  Thank you for thinking of him while you were out!!


A special thanks to our new friend Steve.  He was one of the EMT's that first arrived on the scene and after his last image of Alex.... he didn't think Alex would make it thru the night.  Once he learned of his survival he visited us at Shand's and we are now connected for life as he and his crew helped save Alex's life.  Steve is on vacation now touring Europe and has thought of Alex every step of the way and continues to follow our blog and stay close to home by reading about Alex's progress.  Steve... I thank you for thinking of my precious boy along your journey and caring enough to share them with us!  You and your crew will never know what you mean to me and my family as you all are part of his amazing survival story and we are forever indebted to you!  THANK YOU!



Thank you Steve for thinking of Alex even when you are a million miles away!  


Alex is still performing leaps and bounds progress and I couldn't be happier.  I am really excited for him that he gets to eat real people food.   Only problem is that all he does now is EAT, lol.  I'm excited to see what new tricks he has in store for us this week and I really believe that with your prayers, Alex's determination and God's Will... he will be walking within the next two weeks.  Please continue to pray for Alex... it's worked this far and I know he will continue to bless us!  ME, ALEX AND J.C..... WE GOT THIS!   The biggest thank you... TO MY SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST!  Thank you Lord for everyday that we get closer to Alex's full recovery.  Thank you for providing a place where he can get the rehabilitation that he needs.  Thank you for making it possible for my little sister Randi to be here to help me thru all of this because Lord... you know that Alex is a handful right now to take care of in this stage of his recovery.  I am truly thankful you have made that possible  because I am worn out with her here... I can only imagine if she were not!  I thank you for the constant love and support from our friends and family.... I thought it would die down after 3 weeks and it has to a certain degree... but there are those that have been constant thru this... even certain ones that email me thru the site... constant... encouraging and uplifting... Lord I need that and I thank you for touching their hearts and leading them to write to me.  It's the little things in life.... the little things that mean the most!  A visit from Miss Carol, one of our Shands nurses....awesome.. the little things that mean the most.  I have so much to be thankful for....and I truly am!  So... thank you...thank all of you... for being there when I need you... for your kind and encouraging words.... for your uplifting spirits.... for the constant you provide in our crazy world inside these walls.... for your little visits, cards, giftbags, egg salad, rice krispie treats and brownies on special request by Alex at the drop of a hat.... I LOVE YOU and you will never know how much I appreciate all the little things that you all take the time to do for us.  I can tell you this.... PAY IT FORWARD really works.  I never wanted to collect on it... nor did I ever think I would have to.... but PAY IT FORWARD WORKS along with putting all your FAITH in God.  

Tomorrow is Monday.... most of us dread Mondays after a nice relaxing weekend.  Do me a favor... take the time to SMILE at someone random or wish a complete stranger a happy monday.  You will never know the chain reaction that you will start.  AN AMAZING POSITIVE CHAIN of events will take place.  Maybe if we all give a little bit each day... this crazy violent world we live in today will start to change.  Baby Steps.... just like we take inside this place... BABY STEPS... it's gotta start somewhere.... why not start it with you and who you come in contact with.  Amazing chain of events.... this world can be a better place if we start with ourselves. Make tomorrow a GREAT DAY!  Especially if you wake up with a roof over your head, a job to go to, your children running around crazy arguing with you that they have to get out of bed and get ready for school..... STOP AND THINK.... Think about Alex and where he is today and what he would rather be doing and what he wishes he COULD be doing.... BE THANKFUL as I am for what you have... instead of worrying about what you don't have.  We are all RICH..... it's just how you prioritize things and what you consider to be your riches.  HEALTH, JOB, ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, BEING ABLE TO WALK, TALK, MOVE EVERY LIMB IN YOUR BODY, HUG YOUR KIDS........THOSE MY FRIENDS ARE RICHES.... and MONEY CAN'T BUY THAT!!!  Think of Alex....HAVE AN AWESOME MONDAY and make it a great week!  Alex will have some great things to share with us this week...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!  Superman Speed!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa