On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!




Randi, Alex, Me :0)


What a FANTASTIC DAY!!  What a great party!!!  Alex had an awesome party and it was soooo awesome to see him hanging with his friends just like the good ole days!


Trevor, Colby, Timothy, Dax, Little Terry, Casey, Charles, Sammy, Brooks Skylar
Alex.  Thanks boys for still being there after all these years!



Childhood friends.... Skylar, Charles, Colby, Alex, Trevor and Timothy!  Great to see you all sitting around hanging out like the good ole days!  THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT TODAY!



How awesome that Jag Cheerleaders showed up to surprise Alex!  THANKS GIRLS!



I knew Rich was coming but Alex didn't!  Another great surprise for him!!  He also bought him the new Jordan's that just came out today, as did Kinlin and Brandon!  WOW!  Rich n Alex  look so cute sitting side by side..... Alex is Rich's "Mini Me" lol!  Thank you Rich for taking the time to hang out with Alex.... you mean the world to him and it means the world to me that you took the time to come to his party!  LOVE YA'LL!!



Our personal photographer as alex calls her "PP"....always takes them but never gets in them... so glad we have this of you Miss Rhonda!  THANK YOU for giving us the gift of memories by taking all the pics tonight!  YOU ROCK!



Alex's cake.... HE IS OUR HERO and I thank GOD for making it possible for us to celebrate his 17th birthday as he deserves the honor and glory for that TODAY!  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!  I get teary eyed just thinking that things could have turned out differently but my sweet savior gave us another chance and today was one of the happiest days of my life!   To see him smiling and joking... interacting.... cruising around ...EATING lol... awesome awesome when I go back to day one and realize how lucky I am!  Alex has been a joy to be around the past two days.... maybe he is getting back to his old self again and we are finally over that hill of "that" stage.  The fact that he has been getting sleep could be helping matters out along with all of your prayers!  THANK YOU!

FUNNY THINGS WITH ALEX TODAY:

His conversation with Rocky ..... "Hey Marty, how are you today?" Marty says..." Well look a here... who is this kid... who is this...ooooooooh... yeah that kid... he looks good... unfortunately".hahaha." the police will be here at 8:00 tonight to talk to me about chocolate genitals" hahahahaha......and then said "when are you getting out of this hospibabbable? I think it will be about 34-40 years from now, yes thats what I think" lol... the rest we really couldn't make out, there is alot of gibberish in between.... just like the word hospital ...hospibabbable, ha!  What are we going to do without Rocky???  I enjoy our adventures with him!!!

He wants to meet Michael Jordan so bad and told Shelley to tell Mr. JB to BUY Michael Jordan so that he can make him come here and meet him, lol!  Gotta love Alex and what comes out of his mouth!

Googles for tonight:

ringworm
cauliflower
Obama
Mayans

SPECIAL THANK YOU>>>>>
A special thank you to whomever dropped off the Superman Balloons this am.... Kiersten... we loved your home made cards!!!  We do not know who you are .... there is no last name, address, phone number...etc but we want to thank you for thinking of Alex... WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!!!  

Sunday we go home for about 5 hours for a trial run to see how we do..... kinda scary because I know my house is NOT ready for Alex Michael wheeling around in that chair, lol!  He has his menu picked out for Chad as to his breakfast...( choc chip pancakes, biscuits n gravy and bacon)  lunch... blackened chicken alfredo then we come back to hospital.  He told me tonight " Mom, i just cant wait for ya'll to throw me in my bed, let me fall asleep till I wake up and then eat everything we have in the house" ha ha!  CRAZY KID!

Thanks so much to those that helped, cooked and cleaned today for Alex's day!  And thanks to our family and special friends that were able to be a part of his day.  I would have loved to have everyone I know there... but Alex had control of the list and we had to put a limit on it.  If you didn't get to come and you want to see Alex, please don't take it personal... just let me know and I will see what I can do to get you in :0)  Alex has a TON of friends trust me... I know this and I thank you all so much for all you have done... your love and your support! 

Gotta close for now, it's 1:30 and there is no telling when  Mr Alex will wake up! Ahhhhhh.  Will let you know how our visit home goes.... YAY... CAN'T WAIT!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa