On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

GREAT WEEKEND!!




We had a great weekend with Alex!  Saturday night he wanted to go eat at Hooter's and then head out to the Shark's game!  He wanted to take his friends so Cameron, Charles and Collin joined in our festivities as the night began.  We started out at Hooter's.... here are some pics from there....



Picture speaks for itself, lol





















Alex making his crazy funny faces... he cracks me up!















Collin and Ryan... two of Alex's biggest fans!

Alex was a hotmess at Hooters.... and flirting he was, lol!  He got one of the waitresses, Amber, to give him a kiss on the cheek and you know it.... He turned his head and got her right square on the lips!  I thought she was going to flip out, lol.  All in good fun... she couldn't believe he got her... but he did and he was dang sure proud of it too!  There was another point where we were getting ready to leave and there was a different waitress waiting on her food.... her behind was kind of by his face.... he was acting like he was getting ready to smack her behind!  I thought I was going to FLIP OUT, lol.... he had his hand right there like he was going to just pop her on the butt... I think I would have fainted, lol.... THIS IS something the old Alex would definitely do, lol!  I was just praying he wouldn't for my sake!  From Hooter's we went to the Sharks Arena Football game... for a great time!  Here are some pictures below.....






















Sarah and Brooks

Brooks, Cameron, Alex, Collin & Charles


Alex and Mr Larry Payne of the Sharks!  Thank you so much Larry.... you made this all possible and we appreciate your generosity and compassion you have shown for Alex.  He LOVES the jersey you gave him... we will be back to have Dallas Baker sign it next home game!  We had a great time thanks to you and we can't wait to come back again!

Alex of course ... ate like there was no tomorrow at the game, lol!  I think his friends thought he was crazy too!  Everytime they turned around he was eating or wanting to eat, ha ha!  He was so wound up last night that he did NOT GO to sleep until 3:00am!  I am beat... had a shower to attend today so I didn't get to nap.  He just went to bed so I need to get my butt in the bed also so that I can catch up on my sleep. 

Overall it was a great weekend... oh yeah.. real quick funny story..... he wanted to sleep NAKED Friday night... has been asking to do this since he was at Brooks Rehab.  Well, I said ok.. thinking it would be easier on me in the middle of the night right... when he has to pee... so I agreed.  Naturally nothing EVER works out as I plan and he was calling me in his room... saying he had to pee.... so I go in there and he had alread peed ALL OVER ... EVERYWHERE, lol!  Well ok, it wasn't funny at that moment because it was like 3:30 am and who in the world wants to fiddle with all of that as you are half asleep?!  So I see he is all wet and I am like.. "Alex... you already peed all over yourself what happened?"... He said "Mom, you were just in here with the jug and I was peeing in it".... I said, "NOOOOO Alex I was not... I just walked in here...He said.."Mom, I swear you were just here and I was peeing in the jug".... HE WAS DREAAAAAAAAAAMING! hahahahahaahhaa..... He must have been peeing like a fountain because it was like a RIVER....ALOT and EVERYWHERE.....Nice... that's what I get for agreeing to let him sleep Naked trying to make it easier on myself!  There are no shortcuts in life... lesson learned, lol!  Needless to say... he has had clothes on every night since and will continue to do so no matter how hard it is to get those clothes off in the middle of the night! :0)

Weather doesn't look to good this week... rainy..??? Looking for some sunshine to brighten my days!!

Heading off to bed... HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!  And do me a favor... SMILE.... it confuses people, lol!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa