On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ALEX GETS A 9 OUT OF 10 ON HIS SCHOOLWORK TODAY!

I jump up bright and early today as I have to get to Home Depot to get paint before the plumbers get here to finish the bathroom.  Lot's to do today, family visiting this week, my house looks like a tornado hit it, crap everywhere...900 loads of laundry.... I have a sink, granite bathroom countertop, light, mirror, light bulbs all strung out in dining room floor waiting to be put in Alex's bathroom to be completed.  PLEASE Lord let this be finished tomorrow before my family gets here on Wednesday and we have 8 people using one bathroom!  The floors have been complete and he is like speedy gonzales around here... we have to put all food off of the counter because he's like a little creeper around here and shoves food under his legs, clothes etc... CRAZY!  He acts like he NEVER gets to eat, lol!  He puts food in places and then forgets he put it there, hahahahahaha!  So anyways... I am up early to get the paint...run to publix to pick up a couple of things and leave with $200 worth of groceries because Alex has been texting me the whole time I am in the store... get bacon, get gatorade, get pudding etc.  I couldn't WAIT to get out of the store lol!  Rush, Rush, Rush... have to meet the father in law to pick up his bed frame.... by now it's like 12:30 and the guys never showed up to finish the bathroom... I give a call.... not feeling good today will be here tomorrow. :0(  Dang... I could've slept in... story of my life!  Doctor calls on my way home from getting the bed.... they had to change BOTOX treatment to the 30th because we have to meet with anesthesia people prior to surgery and they can't get us in before the scheduled treatment date of the 22nd!  SCENIC ROUTE!  He has been so anxious about this... and the trial.... I just can't wait to put it all behind us once and for all and focus on NOTHING but the recovery.  It's really hard when his brain is going in a million different directions to concentrate on the tasks at hand or the things that are necessary at the present time. It's like his brain is on constant demand with questions needing to be answered about anything and everything coming up.  Most of which... I don't have the answers!

Kristen did school with Alex today FOREVER!  It was a 20 page story.... with a quiz of which he made a 9 out of 10 for the first time today!  HIGH FIVE ALEX!  And then he had to write an essay!  There are two assignments like that where he has to read a story, take quiz and then write essay.  I think she spent 4 hours with him today doing school!  She said it was one thing after another with having to pee, then cleaning out his trach, needing something to drink, to fixing his pillows.... his OCD kicked in big time today and it seems to get worse with his anxiety.  Understandably so but Kristen is experiencing it first hand and I think it is wearing her out, lol.  It's one thing to read about it and try to visualize it... it's a whole nother ball game when you are in it living it!    THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU Kristen.... there is NO way I could sit with him and have the patience you do with his school work!  I think I'm crazy now.... I WOULD BE DELIRIOUS FOR REAL!  Alex Michael... I'm so proud of you and all that you have accomplished thus far... YOU ARE AMAZING and God is really working in your life....What a great story you will have to tell about God and his Miracle!

Girls night tonight at Theresa's ... we watch the Bachelorette on Monday's.... only Alex insisted on coming this time, lol.  Cameron, Brooks and Skylar kept Alex entertained for the most part... of course Creeper came in rolling around looking for food on the kitchen counter lol... he would roll by us with his little crooked smile... eyeing the counter looking for the chocolate chip cookies :0)




Alex.... still the Life of the Party, lol!

 Hoping to have new videos of Alex tomorrow during therapy and of the completed bathroom. Tomorrow we have therapy... Alex up early to start his school work.... get house ready for the fam.... signing off for now and I will leave you all with this:


“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”


I CONTINUE TO FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES IN MY LIFE AND KEEP MY ATTITUDE POSITIVE.... I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENS ME!  Philippians 4:13



PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa
:0)