On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Countdown begins!

So Alex is buckling down and finishing up his last week of assignments to complete and be classified a Senior and pass the 11th grade!  He completed two assignments today  and got 9 out of 10 on both!  HE IS KICKING BUTT!  Today we had no therapies but like I said he had to complete two assignments today.  Because he has Botox on Friday and will be put to sleep, we want to make sure all of his assignments are done because the 30th is the deadline.  Alex will be finished on Thursday the 29th so that he can rest after his Botox injections Friday morning.  Still hoping that I can slide my face in while the injections are going on, hahahahaha!
:0)

Got a new vaca pic in today:  COLLIN AND RYAN YOU ROCK!



Today we took a field trip to the court house.... Alex has been very anxious about the trial ... nightmares, insomnia, overstimulation, erratic behavior... just all over the place.  I needed to put some of his anxieties to rest with a visualization of things and how they will be once the trial begins.  To him, in his mind...he will be facing his biggest nightmare and I want him to be at ease, feel safe (thats a big big issue he is having these days)... because he has NO PERIPHEAL vision.... he can't see the whole scope of a room and therefore is paranoid if he hears a door open or a creak in the floor or ice maker making ice... any sudden different noise spooks him.  The cognitive therapist says this is normal and understandably so with his type of injury.  He wanted to know how he was going to get out of the court room, where was he going to be sitting, how many guards there would be and so on.  Like I explained last night... the Alex I knew prior to January 6th is forever gone and no matter how hard I try to make him feel safe.... this is something hopefully he will be able to conquer later on in life as time goes by.  God has already done so much... who knows what the future holds for Alex Michael Ross.... the skies the limit!  My handsome boy is ALIVE and getting better every day.... superman speed recovery... leaps and bounds.

Tomorrow is a LONG day... meeting with the school board about Alex re entering the school system and how all that is going to happen and if it is even possible.  Alex will need some special assistance as he has trouble reading..... he can read ... it just has to be REALLY BIG, lol.  I'm not sure they can accomodate with poster size books... just kidding!  There are issues... it's not going to be a bed of roses....of course he wants me to be there with him... ummmmm, it would be nice if I could go back to work, lol...but of course I will do whatever is in the best interest for Alex and probably my worst nightmare is they say...HOMESCHOOL....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!  I will really need God's strength then, ha!  I couldn't do school work with Alex on a normal day... let alone with a brain injury! OMG!

So tomorrow we have school meeting at 11, Occupational therapy at 1, Speech and Physical therapies at 3 and 4... won't be home till 6!  WHEW!  I will welcome the weekend for sure!  We have one more week with Kristen so I will need to make her last week something fun since she has been working her butt off this week.

All of the hard work everyone has put in with Alex will payoff when we see him WALK with his class and GRADUATE in 2011 with all of his classmates!  GOD IS GOOD TO ME!

Getting sleepy eyed... going to shut down and recharge for my long day tomorrow.  Keep those prayers and encouragement coming.... it goes a LONG way!  xoxo

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa