On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

ALEX BEGINS CHEMISTRY 8:30AM..... HE AIN'T HAPPY ABOUT IT, HA!

GOOD MORNING MY PEEPS!

It's 5:30 am and I can't go back to sleep!  Aren't I all chipper this awesome Thursday morning, lol!  I put Alex to bed about 9:30 last night, laid down with him hoping he would doze off early as we have the hospital homebound Chemistry teacher coming bright  and early this morning only Alex couldn't fall asleep!  I guess it was about 11:30 before he finally conked out.... I think I fell asleep before he did, lol.  This was his normal routine BEFORE this happened.  Being that he is ADHD, he has always had to take some form of sleeping aid to be able to go to sleep and calm his brain...this traumatic brain injury.... well it has only intensified it by like 100!  He does take Tylenol PM before bed every night..... maybe he is becoming immune to it?  It usually works within the hour, but you know how our life is... the scenic route always comes into play and nothing ever goes as planned when it comes to Alex.  I wanted him to get shuteye early last night so he could be up and AWAKE this morning when the teacher comes.  We get her for one hour a week and she will do the Chemistry class with him... thank GOD that is one less class I have to worry with, lol.  I'll let you know how this is going to work out with him and his non attention focus span, haha.  CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND SAY A PRAYER... Lord knows I don't want to have to teach him the Chemistry!

I am putting out an all points bulletin for any students out there that need community service hours for the FL bright futures scholarship, retired teachers that are bored and looking for something to do or college kids that need some hands on experience if you are graduating in education..... I AM GOING TO NEED HELP with this school stuff and can sure use a hand!  I need some separation with all the other things that I do with Alex... I am stretching myself thin and I just do NOT want to overwhelm myself nor have a nervous breakdown, lol.  They put his full schedule out there and if I have to be Alex's teacher with all these subjects on top of everything else I do on a daily basis.... I will go coo coo for coco puffs... NO DOUBT!  Just sitting with him for those 5.5 hours the other day... OMG... for real...... I NEED SEPARATION.  If I wanted to be a teacher... I would have gone to school for that, lol.  Therapists and teachers have the patience of a saint.... I DO NOT when it comes to this, lol.  I have A LOT... don't get me wrong.... but I think I am just pushing myself over the top with this and at some point... I need to be able to step away and let someone else do a little bit for me. Sooooooooo, if anyone has some free time and can help out with ENGLISH IV, GEOMETRY, ALGEBRA II, ECOLOGY.... that would be awesome!  Kinlin is taking over the American History and we have the teacher coming once a week to do the Chemistry.  I may have help with the Algebra and Geometry... my friend Bachir is just tight with time at the moment so he may not be able to give Alex much time with his math courses as previously planned.  This is definitely going to be a challenge for all of us! 

We had another great day at therapy yesterday.... Ali was proud of him and how hard he worked yesterday.  He seemed to have a little bit more hip control when walking on the treadmill because they weren't having to work as hard at holding his hips in place while he walked.  Usually when he walks if they let go, he looks like he is doing the samba and wobbling side to side :0)

Alex was his usual chatty kathy self when we got to therapy yesterday.... always looking for new faces to share his story with.  We reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally have to work on how he presents himself and tells his story... he has too much SHOCK value when he speaks to people, lol.  "Hi.. do you know who I am?"  " Have you seen me on the news?"  "I"m the teen that was shot in the head in January."... He takes off his hat and proceeds to show people his head and tells them where the bullet entered.  For those that don't know him....THE LOOK ON PEOPLES FACES IS PRICELESS....I should be filming like they are on candid camera or something, lol.  Most of the time their response is... "OMG... are you alright?".... His response... "Oh yeah, I'm fine"!  Then he talks about how he was given 3 hours to live and how he is one of God's Miracles.... I LOVE THAT PART... I just need to teach him how to introduce himself and break into his story a little more gently, lol.  He met the sweetest little old lady yesterday, Caroline.  They carried on and on yesterday like they were life long buddies!  I will say this... when people talk to him and tell them their story... he listens and if he sees them again, he will repeat all that they told him and they are amazed!  Like Caroline... they spoke before therapies and then about 3 hours later as she was leaving she came over to talk to Alex and tell him what an honor it was to meet him and to let me know how handsome and sweet he is... PROUD MOMENT, lol..... he looked at her as she walked up and said... "Caroline"... "Your real name is Sue but you don't like that so we call you Caroline".... she was so impressed that not only did he remember her name but he remembered her REAL name, lol.  My little rainman.... gotta love him!

Below are the videos I took yesterday and his therapist was very proud of him yesterday and praised him for how well he did on the treadmill!  YAY!  I'm telling you... it won't be long... I can feel it!!  I love how he is still a HAM while working hard and always has a great attitude.  I LOVE YOU ALEX MICHAEL ROSS!










PRAYER REQUEST FOR MY PRAYER WARRIORS
We all know what God is capable of.... Lord I know what your mighty powers are and if anyone can heal this young lady, I know that it is certainly you!  Please wrap this entire family up in your arms and heal Heather's young body so that she can take care of her babies and get to know her newborn baby girl.  Give her family and friends the strength needed to get thru this difficult time.  I pray Father that they lean on you and look to you for guidance and peace in their hearts until Heather is well again and functioning normally. In Jesus Name I pray... AMEN!

From
Mahryah White

Please pray for Heather Miller from Callahan. She has a 5 year old little boy and had a new baby girl named Casen on 8/25. Everything went perfectly with labor and delivery but when she got home she had a seizure which her 5 year old saw the whole thing. She went to Baptist hospital earlier that day complaining of a headache and high blood pressure and they sent her home. Later that same night is when she had the seizure. She has now been diagnosed as having Postpartum Vasculitis which is worse than a stroke. She is also high risk for having a brain hemorrage. Our family is having a hard time and it is harder knowing she has not even gotten to spend any time with her new baby. 


I am going to get off of here now... it's 7:00 am and Alex will be waking soon... I hope anyways, lol.  Later today we have an appt with Dr. Vitarbo, Alex's neurosurgeon, pray all goes well and we get a good report. I'm looking forward to Big Brother tonight, lol... yes our family is HUGE HUGE FANS.... hoping that Lane backdoor's Hayden, hahahahaha... but he probably won't but if he wants to win.... that will be his Big move in the game! 


A special THANK YOU to the ROUNTREE family for blessing us with some TREEMENDOUS BBQ last night... I love love love when I don't have to cook... especially on days when we have therapy and don't get home till late!  THANK YOU MUCHO MISS LISA!!!  Love ya'll!


HAVE AN AWESOME DAY... GOD BLESS..AND....... SMILE.... YOU HAVE ALOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!


Lisa