On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Keep on Trucking on!

What a whirlwind of days since I last blogged!  We welcomed a new arrival Sophia Lynn Moody to our family.... 8lbs 7 oz to the proud parents of Zach and Jodi Moody our brother and sister-in-law :0)  SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!  Jodi had a rough delivery this past Thursday, going in at 6am and delivering at 11:15pm that night.... 3 epidurals that didn't work... Sophia finally arrived.  Thank you God for this wonderful blessing and precious child of yours.



Saturday Brooks had a football game and then we headed out to Tampa to see Nick for parents weekend.  WHEW... that went by fast!  Got in at about 6:15 then headed to game,dropped Nick off at his apt, went to hotel, got up had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, picked up Nick did some grocery shopping then to Longhorn to feed him and back to Jax.  In the blink of an eye we were there and then gone!  Time is precious to me now and I try to squeeze in as much as I can with all my boyz.... only I mostly feel like there isn't ENOUGH time if you know what I mean!  I miss you already Nicholas Adam!

We were back on track at therapy today... Alex practiced getting up and off of the curb more than 12 times AND also did stairs.... 24 to be exact!  He had a great workout and showed out as usual.... see below!






It is with a heavy heart tonight that I have special prayer request  for a very special family that I love dearly who has recently experienced a loss.... The Lloyd / Dykes Family.  Miss Sue passed over the weekend and she was one of my many angels.  She played a huge part with my sanity when I was in my darkest of hours with Alex... she made numerous trips to the hospital to give me hope.... to let me know that there was a light at the end of the tunnel.  She sat and shared stories of her son and his brain injury and how hard it was....everything I was somewhat was experiencing.... she shared her side of what she had been thru.  Selfless.... compassionate.... caring... loving... beautiful inside and out.  She loved her family and was very close to her granddaughters Carly and Tori Lloyd.  I am sad that Miss Sue never got to meet Alex outside of Shands.  This is where time comes into play and how it got the best of me again!  I kept saying... ok next week we'll make it work and all get together.... we'll make our schedules work and we will fit in a visit.  Time got the best of me.  I wasn't practicing what I have been preaching all along!  LIVE TODAY AS IF THERE WERE NO TOMORROW.... DON'T PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY.... TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!
I only knew Miss Sue for a short time but I loved her.  She was a huge blessing to me and I truly regret that I did NOT make the time for Alex and Miss Sue to meet because I know he would have been a huge blessing to her.  I am deeply sorry for the families loss and I pray that Jesus wraps his arms around them and comforts them with the many beautiful memories they have.  An Angel on earth is an Angel in Heaven and I know she is with our Father and dancing on streets of Gold!!

Instances like this put things into perspective once again at how easy I fell back into a routine.  Time is precious.... don't sweat the small stuff.... hug those babies and your spouse.... don't let time get away from you.  Express your love more than you think is enough...and then some more.  Leave no stone unturned.... make the most of every day.  Reach out to an old friend.... smile at a stranger.. if you have trouble with this one... come hang with me and Alex for a day and he will show you how it's done!  He knows no strangers and will make certain he addresses everyone in a room of many.  My little brain injured child... how sweet you are.... I laugh at you but I admire the heck out of you!  Your brain is quirky and you say the craziest things sometimes.... but God has truly blessed me by leaving us with your Wit and your Charm.  It is on days like today that I am put back to the test and thrown back into reality..... TODAY IS A GIFT PEOPLE.... A GIFT!  Thank you God for one more day with my handsome boy.... for blessing me with 3 beautiful boys and a wonderful supportive husband.... for an awesome extended family that branches out from all directions.... with more sisters than "Hannah and her sisters" (lol).... friends beyond friends and family beyond family.... a momma who loves me unconditionally and is there for me no matter what....THANK YOU GOD for all these blessings and much much more.  Thank you Lord for opening my eyes once again to see that I have much to be thankful for in my busy, crazy...wonderful life.   I am reminded today... one phone call can change your life and there is no turning back time on the clock.  One phone call.  Point being.... please here me... LIVE FOR TODAY.  If you have lost your faith... if you don't know our Lord as your personal savior.... it is with all my being that I hope you find him and know that he is always there for us.  He's knocking at your door waiting for you to let him in.  FAITH... big word... big meaning...It's not believing that God can .... it's knowing that HE WILL!   "if you'll hold on to me for dear life" says and you always God....I'll give you the best of care, if you will only get to know and trust me".  Psalm 91:14-16

DON'T BE SO INVOLVED WITH THE WHEN THAT YOU MISS THE NOW! Life is too short!

Dear Lord, thank you thank you thank you for opening my eyes tonight.  I start to write and because of you the words just seem to flow.  Thank you for my many many blessings and I ask that you give the Lloyd/Dykes family the strength and courage to lean on you this week.  I give you all the honor and the glory God in all I have and all I do.  Thank YOU Lord.

May tomorrow bring a new kindred spirit into your heart and you let your light shine!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa