On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, October 11, 2010

SENIOR PICS TOMORROW! YAY!

We had a crazy weekend.  You know how awesome Friday night was for us..... then Saturday...crazy day came.  We started out with Nick and his roomate from college coming home to attend Brooks' homecoming game.  We loaded up and headed to the park.  We arrive, get Alex out the car in the chair and Aaron lifts the chair back so he can roll Alex up to the bleachers.  Apparently at some point between the car and the bleachers his iphone dropped to the ground....someone picked it up and NEVER turned it in!  5-6 announcements were made... cash reward.... noone came forward!  I think I was more devestated than Alex because his phone is his life line.  He can't just go hang out with his friends, or get in his car and drive to wherever.... this is all he has to the outside world.  I was heartbroken for HIM!  So then for Brooks' entire game.. I didn't get to watch the game... I was looking for the dang phone...wasted my time and missed most of Brooks' game.  Leaving the park, I check my voicemail.... message from Wachovia... My other ATM check card had been hit for another $500!!!  Are you kidding me???  Seriously .... do I not have enough on my plate to deal with???   I made the comment to Kinlin that LSU needed to win after the day I had...and THANK YOU JESUS.... THEY PULLED IT OFF!!!  Just what I needed... a perfect ending to my crappy stressful day!

We had to head back to park for the 6:30pm game where Alex was going to walk Kami Brannon at halftime for the homecoming ceremony. He had been practicing hard so he could walk her for this when she first asked him if he would do it.  HE DID FANTASTIC....Once again... he amazed us all and I'm so proud of how far he has come and how hard he continues to work at therapy.  He walked just holding Kampbell's hand!! Here are some pics from saturday nights game:








and Brooks walked Kami's cousin Cameron



What a proud momma I was watching my two handsome boys!  Alex really shined this weekend and I am still beaming like a proud peacock!  

Tomorrow he has school, then we have hair appointment with Miss Lauren to get his hair did to go and take his SENIOR PICTURES.... YAY!!!  I figure if maybe if she does it and all the ladies at Fran's Salon tell him how awesome he looks, then he will be ok with taking pics without his ball cap...PRAY FOR THIS :0)  Hopefully tomorrow I will posting pics of him with his hair did, lol!

He is calling me so I have to go fix his pilloooowwsssss....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh .... 

THANK YOU GOD FOR SUCH AN AMAZING WEEKEND!  YOUR LIGHT CONTINUES TO SHINE THRU MY BOY FOR ALL TO SEEEEEEEE!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
Lisa