On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, January 28, 2011

QUICK PRAYER

 Alex has therapy today and I intend to blog later in regards to how things go with that today.  He had a follow up cat scan on Wednesday and even though I am no Doctor, it sure does look good to me, lol.  I don't see as much fluid ..... his brain just looks healthier if there is even such a thing!   We go back to his neurosurgeon on the 16th of February so we will know for sure what's going on in that perty little head of his then :0)

Asking for you to stop what your doing at this moment for one minute and bow your head in prayer for one of our prayer warriors this morning.  I asked you on Monday to pray for Connie and her 9 year old son Derek as he had stopped breathing.... it took doctors awhile to get him to respond and when they finally did at the hospital, they thought he may be brain dead.  I sent her an email yesterday just to follow up and check on her and received an email back that sadly.... Derek had passed away and is now dancing with the angels in heaven.  I immediately began to weep because as a mother and knowing what I have gone thru, I can somewhat relate to her and the loss of her child. Any of you as parents can only imagine what it would be like if you lost one of your children.  Please lift her up in prayer and ask God to give her the strength, peace and comfort that she is going to need to get thru this.  She did share great news that she had donated his organs and that he would be helping 6 other children and she was hoping to meet the families and share Derek's story.  Lord, I know only you have the answers as to why our children have to go before we do and I know you had a special plan for Derek.  I tell myself you needed another angel up there and Derek was just what you were looking for.  I ask that you please wrap your arms and constant love around Connie and her family Lord.  I pray that you make it possible for Connie to meet and know the children that Derek has helped out by donating those organs.  May it bring her some joy and peace in doing so.... to know that even though his spirit is with you, that he is doing great things still here on earth.  I am sooo heartbroken by the loss of Connie's son and I pray that she turns to you for the grieving that she is about to endure.  Only you can give her what she needs Lord and I ask with everything in me that you give her just exactly what she needs and when she needs it.  Thank you Lord for your abundant love and many blessings you give to each and everyone of us on a daily basis.  You are an awesome God and even though this is not the outcome that we would have wanted, I thank you for the 9 years that you gave Connie with her son. Amen.  John 14:1-4 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
LISA