On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FIRST DAY BACK AT DAY TREATMENT.... GETTING BACK ON TRACK!

With a new routine set in motion ..... new beginnings and a different treatment plan.... anxiety had it's way of settling in with my little brain injured boy!  Put him to bed early in hopes of a good nights rest before he began his journey of a 9am-3pm day learning new things with  a new group of people with no mom in sight.  NOT SO MUCH!  He had me up 6 times last night for this or for that... one reason or another.. he couldn't sleep, no matter how hard he tried... he kept waking up.  Finally at 4am I crawled in bed with him in hopes to sleep till my alarm went off at 6am.  He did great this morning getting up and getting ready... brushed his teeth, got dressed even had a little time to lay on the sofa and watch the news before we had to head out.  Grab a strawberry poptart... bottle of water and we headed out the door.  I took him into the program .... dropped him off and was headed out the door for a DAY TO MYSELF ...yaaaayayayayayayyyyy!! :0)  Wait... hold up.... can you wait an hour we need you to meet with the psychologist.... aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!  So I hung out, filled out some paper work and then headed to the meeting with the psychologist.  Alex and I both met with him... he asked some questions... he basically had to get a baseline of where Alex is today to know what he needs to work on and then we will know how much he improves.  Of course Alex joked throughout the whole session... crazy kid, lol.  We talked about how he only has one emotion....no anger, no depression, no loss of self esteem, etc.  At one point he asked Alex to rate his self esteem on a scale of 1-10 and Alex responded with 33!  The doctor said "No, I'm serious".... I said... HE IS SERIOUS ,lol.  He said ok.. I'm gonna write that number down. :0) hahahahaha.  He really does think he's all that AND a bag of chips!  God Bless him!  I am very very thankful that this is the attitude he has!  Instead of feeling sorry for himself... or angry... or less than anyone else because he is in a wheelchair.... he sees himself as you and I ....with no defects!  THANK YOU GOD!  

Saturday's festivities are drawing closer.... I'm still looking for a FACE PAINTER.  If anyone would like to volunteer for that activity... PLEASE email me!  As it draws closer......I am all set and ready to meet all of our new friends and prayer warriors when Brooks brought my attention to a screeching halt.  He looks at me and says... "Mom... what if no one shows up?"  THAT THOUGHT NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR CROSSED MY MIND.  Now I am freaking out..... what if no one shows up....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.  I had to get with God so he could put my mind at ease...... BE STILL...... I go to Field of Dreams... "If you build it...they will come" HAHAHAHA... If just our close friends and family show up... that's still a pretty good turn out because we have lots of that!  IT WILL BE ONE OF THE GREATEST CELEBRATIONS EVER...NO MATTER WHAT.  ALEX MICHAEL ROSS IS ALIVE and getting stronger every day!  THANK YOU GOD!  Giving HIM all the Honor, Glory and Praise!

Please keep Alex in your prayers.... this week is a bit of a challenge for him with school back in full swing, Economics, American Govt, English IV, Ecology and Algebra II..... on top of changing up his routine and going to day treatment two days a week.  He has day treatment from 9-3 then goes straight to PT and OT so we are not heading home until 5:30.  That's a LONG LONG day for Mr. Alex.  I have NO doubt that he will settle in and do great things..... I just pray that it doesn't take him 3 weeks to settle into this new routine.  On top of all this.... they have added a NEW PT therapist!  Alex doesn't do well with change...you have all seen this, lol.  As my Father says.... "This too shall pass". :0)  We will keep reaching for the stars and looking at the positives....Nothing can bring us down!

Wishing you all a great week...hoping to see many of you this weekend!


Throwing a shout out to Chad... so proud of him this weekend in the Pirates Run.  He placed 3rd in his age group and got the plaque to prove it!  I LOVE YOU CHADDY POOH...CONGRATS!


Kinlin... Heather and I.... we were just glad we finished. hahahahaha!


LISA