On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ROADBLOCK.... PRAYERS NEEDED PLEASE!

As Alex and I were doing school this morning, we received a phone call from the doctor that the xray they had taken of Alex's left ankle yesterday revealed a fracture.  He has been complaining of his ankle really hurting so while we were at the hospital doing the botox injections... I asked her to have an xray done of his ankle.  WOW!  On top of all this.... he has had a stomach bug and going to the bathroom like every 5 minutes so he has been having to walk on it ALL DAY!  Bless my father in law as he brought Alex a bedside commode so he doesnt have to keep walking far on it.  I have been on hold ALL DAY with various doctors, receptionists and tricare trying to get referrals to get him in today.  AGGRAVATING!!! Finally at about 4 I got authorization and we are headed to the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute at the beach at 10am tomorrow morning to get this ankle business taken care of.  We need prayers please because if he has to get a cast this will be detrimental to his progress with physical therapy.  He will not be able to do any therapy nor will he be able to do any WATER activities..... and you have all seen how much he LOVES the water and the free spirit he is able to be while in the water.  I ask that you pray for healing.....QUICK HEALING..... hoping that the fracture is not SEVERE and that he will only be down a short time.  We are going on a cruise for my brother in laws wedding in two weeks and he has really been looking forward to going and being able to hang out at the waterpark on the top deck.  With a cast..... this will hinder his fun.  He also was looking forward to WALKING and getting his diploma in June with his class.... again... this will make that impossible. He can still graduate yes... but he would not be able to walk!  The devil always wants to pop in and put up road blocks but I'm claiming this and giving it to GOD!  Just when we get settled in and the going gets good..... ROADBLOCK!  Lord.... I thank you for always being my rock and for always showing yourself when I least expect it.  You have blessed us beyond my wildest dreams and I thank you for that.  I ask you to please wrap your arms around Alex and heal his ankle, and take away the pain so that he is not down for long.  I know his recovery is on your timeline, not mine and I know that with everything there is a meaning and a purpose.  Thank you for dying on the cross for us and thank you for your many miracles you continue to bless my family with.  We are your children and I know you are the way, the truth and the light.  I pray that we go tomorrow and it is a simple sprain and nothing serious .... maybe the doctors saw something that wasn't there :0).... I give it to you God... In Jesus Name I Pray.... AMEN!!

I'll keep you all posted tomorrow on the diagnosis.

Thanks so much for your prayers in advance!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
 LISA