On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17th

Alex had a rough morning today.... aggravated, frustrated....wanting the tube out of his mouth. He has been irritable most of the day but is now sleeping like a baby. Today all in all was much needed for him. This morning he was very ornery when the doctor came in and did not want to do his little tricks today. Alex was holding my hand when he came in and he asked him to give his usual "thumbs up" and Alex pretty much ignored him. So I said, "Alex give him a thumbs up"... being the spunky little firecracker that we all know and love he gently let go of my hand and put his hand under his leg, lol! He was not participating in playing patient/doctor today! His swelling continues to go down however he still has a significant amount of it in the brain and his esophogus.

Prayers for today:
  • Swelling
  • Comfort and peace for Alex's frustration
  • Trach to be scheduled for tomorrow (it's a holiday and staff is limited)
  • Procedure to go smoothly and be successful

Thanks to all of you who continue to bless me daily with emails, fb posts, cards, food, baskets...etc... YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME and words can't express the gratitude and emotion I am feeling for the outpour of love shown to me and my family!

In case you haven't caught on to my new slogan:

Peace~~~ Love~~~ n ~~~ THUMBS UP! :0)~

Lisa