On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th (12:30)

PROCEDURE WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL!! THANK YOU GOD ONCE AGAIN!

We just went back to see Alex and the surgery was successful. He has the trach and is coughing, DOC SAYS THAT'S GREAT, also has the feeding tube so he gets lots more nutrients! He looks AMAZING without all those tubes coming out of his mouth and taped to his face.... MY BOY IS BACK!

He will be knocked out for a good bit..... thank you for all the prayers... They are working!! I can't believe we are on day 12 since that horrific ordeal. I hope that Alex is touching lives as they see miracles being performed in his life as well as mine. GOD IS VERY REAL.... look at Alex and BELIEVE! It is one thing to hear someone say... I know so and so and God performed a miracle by saving their life.... IT'S ANOTHER THING TO LIVE IT, SEE IT AND WATCH IT HAPPEN. Hear me when I say this... get on your knees, get with God... Tomorrow is a gift...not a promise! Live for today... tomorrow may never come, don't sweat the small stuff... the dishes and clothes can be washed later...I certainly will be living my life a little differently and I hope you all follow the same. Sooo, when you come to visit... my house may be a little messy and my beds not made.... but there will be lots of love, hugs and kisses and that my friends.... that is what is important!

I will keep you updated, next post might not come till tomorrow.... today is exciting for me and I do have a date with Alex tonight. Well he, I and Horatio/CSI - lol! Keep the faith, keep praying for comfort and peace of mind for Alex... we still have a long road ahead with rehabilitation.

PEACE~~ LOVE~~N ~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa