On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20th ( 10:30pm)

Alex had a very relaxing day today and has been doing fantastic on the oxygen without the assistance of the ventilator. A big THANK YOU to Brandi as she brought Alex his favorite DVD, "The Goonies" today and his eyes have been glued to the TV ever since I put it in! I have actually put it on repeat play as it seems to calm him and he has seemed really relaxed and chill today and tonight! He even told me and the nurses to pretty much leave him alone and get out of his way as he pointed to the TV... in other words... don't bother me, I'm watching my movie, lol. He did play some basketball today and I got a "yes", (one finger for yes, two fingers for no) when I asked him if he loved mom! MEDICINE FOR MY SOUL!

Surgery is scheduled for 12:30pm tomorrow and hopefully nothing crazy goes on in the hospital so that his surgery doesn't get bumped. I am very positive about this and know that God is guiding the hands that touch our miracle boy every second of every step! He continues to amaze me daily, both Alex and GOD! Tomorrow is one step closer to a speedy recovery and I truly believe that once we get some of the fluid off of the brain we will start to see more of Alex coming back around. Hard to believe 14 days ago I had NO CHANCE OF HOPE and was told he wouldn't make it thru the night. THANK YOU GOD for one more day with my handsome boy.

I will update the page tomorrow once he goes in for surgery and then again when he gets out. Thank you again and again a million times over for bringing us lunch and dinners...emails, cards, posters, banners, thoughtful gifts (for both Alex and myself), ribbons.. HUGS and love and support! PLEASE KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU!

This is a mothers worst nightmare and the worst rollercoaster ride I have ever encountered. I hope and pray that none of you ever have to go thru this. Alex is touching lives and making believers out of those who were lost.... what more could I ask for? Alex Michael.... YOU ARE MY HERO...TODAY, TOMORROW ALWAYS! Me, you and J.C.... We Got This!

Please pray for surgery to go successfully without complications and for Alex to recover smoothly from the procedure. I have total faith in God that he will once again perform a miracle and we will all see major improvements over the next week. The Shands PEDS ICU Nursing Staff is AMAZING and I can't thank you all enough for taking such awesome care of me and Alex. Tomorrow is a new beginning and I know God has great things in store for us!

PEACE ~ LOVE~ N ~ THUMBS UP!

Lisa