On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21st (8:00 am)

DAY 15

WOW... Day 15... THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!

This morning just sitting here watching him sleep it's all so surreal. I just remember the first night when I was told he wouldn't make it thru the night....Thank you God for giving me the strength to get thru that night! You know, sooo many of you give me credit for being so strong, saying you don't know how I do it day to day.... God doesn't give us more than we can handle... obviously he thinks I'm pretty strong too, lol! It's amazing to me in itself.... you never know what you would do or how you would handle yourself but I realize I have to be strong for Alex as he is being strong for me.

Today is going to be a great day! God has given me a peace about the surgery and I really know in my heart of hearts that this is exactly what Alex needs. Once we can get the fluid off the brain, and some of that swelling to go down.... our little firecracker Alex will be back in no time. The surgery is scheduled for 12:30 and will last 3-4 hours. PLEASE LIFT ALEX UP IN PRAYER TODAY as he goes into surgery and ask God to be with all the doctors and nurses surrounding him as they touch our precious miracle boy. Guide the surgeons hands so that the procedure goes better than planned with no major complications. Pray for peace and comfort to be with Alex before, during and after the surgery. I know that Alex is in the BEST HANDS possible.... not only with the staff here at Shands, but with God's loving arms wrapped around him.

I will update you throughout today when something new comes up or when he is taken to surgery. He is a brave and strong little guy! Alex Michael... YOU ARE MY HERO, TODAY, TOMORROW AND ALWAYS!

PEACE~~LOVE~~N~~ THUMBS UP!

Lisa