On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20th (10:30am)

Alex woke up this morning with a discharge coming from his head. They just took him to get a cat scan to see what is going on in the inside.

God is testing me again today...but God you know what? I am standing strong steadfast! You can test me, move me, shake me... but it doesn't matter because like you.... I am very much still here standing strong on my faith! Like you.... I am always going to be with YOU! It really doesn't matter what that cat scan comes back and says because Alex and I know that YOU are in TOTAL CONTROL! Actions speak louder than words or pictures... PEOPLE ARE WATCHING and they NOW TOO BELIEVE! We are not done with your work Lord... Alex is touching lives and he isn't even out of the bed yet.... He will be your vessel and your light will continue to shine through him as well as me! Lord, I ask you to wrap your arms around my precious boy and bring comfort and peace to him as you have me.

OUR STEP FORWARD for today is that they took him off of the ventilator and he is breathing with just oxygen all on his own! DAY 14... ANOTHER MIRACLE OF GOD!!! Soon he will be off all assistance and breathing on his own and trach will come out! I say within the next two weeks.... this too shall pass!

Prayers for today:
  • Pray for the swelling to once again begin decreasing and stay on track with that
  • Pray for Alex to be able to continue breathing on pure oxygen without that ventilator
  • Pray for nothing but positives to show in the cat scan result

Thank you all for the continued love, support and prayers.... THEY WORK! In case you all didn't know.... ME, ALEX and J.C. --- WE GOT THIS! TEAM ALEX IS IN THE HOUSE and we won't stay down!!

PEACE ~~ LOVE~~ N ~~ THUMBS UP!

LISA