On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19th ( 6:20 pm)

Today is day 13 and I honestly cannot believe the progress that Alex has made! THANK YOU GOD for your miracle today! Alex is sitting in a more upright position today with the assistance of the bed and loving it. Chad bought him a little nerf basketball hoop and yes my friends.... He is SHOOTING HOOPS! Ok, ok so maybe not from the bed to the wall, but he is holding the ball in his hand and when you hold the hoop to the side of the bed.... he places the ball into the hole! We call it DUNKING, lol!!! Does anyone know Michael Jordan? Can we get him here? He might want to check Alex out, lol!

Alex also got his helmet today that he will have to where 24-7 until he has rehabilitated enough to come back to Shands for a skull repair surgery. It is Gator blue and we have already put Gator stickers on it for when he is ready to ride out of the bed and into a chair, lol! Now all we need is Tim Tebow to come and sign the helmet.... where are you Timmy?

Today has been a great day with Alex and I couldn't be more proud of my little firecracker!

Prayers for today:
  • swelling of the brain to continue decreasing
  • vocal chords and throat to heal quickly
  • for Alex to be able to breath without ventilator

I do have one special request on behalf of my family and I. Please focus on Alex's health and not so much on the incident or RUMORS surrounding the incident. I believe God will see us thru this horrific tragedy and the TRUTH will be known... WHEN IT IS TIME. We are NOT focusing on the case... we are focusing on ALEX getting better and we ask that you do the same.

I can't thank you all enough for the continued love, support and prayers! Words again... cannot express how amazed I am at the outpour of love and lives that this has touched. Alex is truly an example of God's amazing grace and once again... I THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!

PEACE~~LOVE~~ N~ THUMBS UP!!

Lisa