On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23rd (11:30 am)

Alex is doing great today and is still responding to commands and doing what is asked of him. He had a great night of rest and seems to be right on track with progress. Kinlin stayed the night with us last night so that I could get some sleep with a couple hours in a row and sleep I did!!! I slept until 8:30 am and that was much needed!

Alex has been watching "The Goonies" non stop... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! We have even offered to play other movies and he insists on watching Goonies!! I think when he sleeps and it is on... I often wonder if in his dreams he imagines himself on their adventure of finding the treasure ship! HE WOULD SO LOVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

Thanks to everyone who has been coming to visit and bringing my family lunches and dinners... YOU ARE AWESOME and I thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy day for us! The love and support is constant around us and you will never know how much it means to me! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.... A MILLION TIMES OVER for putting together fundraisers and wanting to do anything possible to help the family out! The words "Thank You" seem inadequate but are truly heart felt!

Please continue to pray for Alex with his healing from the tip of his head to the bottom of his toes. God's arms are wrapped around us and I can feel his presence within and all around this whole unit. He works thru the doctors... he works thru the nurses and he has given Alex a peace and comfort that allows him to rest and recover.

THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY! I give you all the honor, glory and praise.... with you we can do ALL things possible. This too shall pass!

Stay tuned later for more updates and progress for today!

PEACE~~LOVE~~N~~ THUMBS UP!!

Lisa