On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24th (10:30am)

Alex had a great night of rest and is currently sleeping like a baby! I think he wore himself out last night with all his grandstands he was performing!

Nurse Michelle you were awesome last night and we didn't even hear you creeping in and doing your thang last night... Chad and I got good sleep last night... THANK YOU! Thank you for taking care of my precious boy as if he were your very own! Nurse Jeannie took over this morning and changed his trach collar, cleaned him up, situated him in his bed and he is out like a light. I am sooooo blessed by the staff of nurses here who treat Alex and I like a King and a Queen. You will never know how much it means to me during this journey we have been facing. I can't say it enough.... THANK YOU...nor can I wait till you meet the REAL Alex! You all love him now... but you will really fall in love with him once you see who he really is!!

Today is going to be a great day.... With God by our side and his arms wrapped so tightly around us... we know that with him we can do all things possible!!

Stay tuned later for some more great stories from our adventures today! Please continue to pray.... God is awesome and will answer our prayers for healing from the inside out and from the top of his head to the bottom of his toes!

I am still getting to prayers from this site and emails sent from a week ago if not longer.... I DO READ THEM ALL.... and I try to respond to as many as I can. Nothing goes unnoticed and you are all my little prayer warriors that I can't go without! THANK YOU!

Have a Blessed Day... Hug your kids... Kiss your kids today... go to a movie... go to the park... DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO TODAY! I wish I could and you have the opportunity so don't waste it! Make them your priority TODAY! Tomorrow is a gift and we are not promised that.... if I have given you anything at all, I hope it's a wake up call! Our children are precious gifts from God, not to be taken lightly or ignored.....TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR TIME WITH THEM! Forget the laundry today... forget cleaning the house... Make your Sundays time with God and your family! Do it for Alex!!

PEACE~~LOVE~~N~~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa