On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25th (9:30am)

After our fantastic night of antics and charades with Mr. Alex... he went out like a light! He slept for couple of hours then stayed up with Chad watching Goonies for awhile while mom slept. Physical Therapy came in this morning and he wasn't having any of that! He basically slept thru the whole thing and wasn't showing off any of his new tricks for them this morning.

Today we are going to chill and probably watch the Goonies a million times over, lol! We have other movies and even had a visitor bring him a similar movie that he wanted to share with Alex. Alex is Alex and wants what he wants.... those who know him... know this is HIM, lol!

He looks fantastic, just like alex only with a head bandage wrapped around his head. I wish I could share his progress photo's with you all, however; there are people out there that would use them to their advantage and make a show of it so I rather save my handsome boy for myself or those that can visit in the hospital. I intend to write a book about my journey and will put the photo's in it so one day you can see exactly what progress Alex has made in such a short while. Of course the title of the book will be: PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP! I really think my book with the help of the nurses medical knowledge can bring encouragement and peace of mind to other mothers who end up in my position... a mother's worst nightmare! God is my rock and if I can get others to see HIS greatness and believe that with him we can do all things possible... WOW.. what an accomplishment in my life!

Stay tuned later tonight for hopefully some new developments and tricks with Mr. Alex... he usually doesn't start showing off till around 8ish.

Have a GREAT DAY! Thank you God for one more day with my handsome boy!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa