On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29th (8:00 am)

Good Morning Sunshines!!

I am up blogging early so that I can get ready for my big radio debut!  Alex is still sleeping, looking like an angel!  I forgot to mention a couple of things yesterday.... one being he got his report card and he still did great and was doing good before that tragic day!  He makes me proud once again.  We also got to SKYPE for the first time yesterday with his Aunts Kristen and Sherry and cousins Brooklyn, Gus and Lou....THAT WAS WAY COOL!  He did all his little tricks for them and put them at ease since they came when this first happened but had to leave and go back to their everyday normal routines of life.  By the time this is over... he will be a SKYPE expert!

Last night we noticed some blood in his urine and we aren't real sure what is causing this so they took a culture and we are waiting for results later today or hopefully by tomorrow.  It seems to be clearing up a little this morning, so maybe something was just irritated with the catheter and causing some bleeding.  PRAY!  This as well as the EBD drain will all have to be resolved prior to us getting to leave and moving onto Brooks Rehab Facility!

I continue to get lots of emails thru the website at alexrosstrust@gmail.com and thru my FB page.... THANK YOU!  Alex has touched soooo many peoples lives in more ways than you can possibly imagine.  He has led people in giving their heart to Jesus Christ, he has led people to walk back in their faith, he has made a believer out of many and he has even SAVED two lives that were contemplating suicide.  I AM IN AWE!  Thank you all for opening your hearts and sharing your stories with me...... you are my saving grace along with my hot showers at night, lol!  It's hard to believe that I have been here 23 days... it's all still very vivid in my head and feels like yesterday.  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!!

I need to sign off for now and get moving..... I will keep you posted on the urine situation and hopefully will know something by the time I get back on to write.  Please continue to pray for the 2-year old ... he is still here...THANK YOU GOD!!!!  Give his father the strength that you give me as he just a mess and my heart breaks every time I see him.

Wishing you all rainbows and sunshine today!!  TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY.. I JUST KNOW IT!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa