On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st ... LOSING TUBES! (11:00 pm)

THE CATHETER IS GONE BABY.... BUH BYE!!!  YAY!

He has been sooo happy all day since it has been out!  More alert and just playful today .....No pain meds...
WHAT A GREAT DAY!!

I have so many things to share that he has done today however.. we have been working on some of them for his Nurse Alisa since she blessed me with those infamous three words... "I LOVE YOU".... so I will share that 411 tomorrow once he has surprised HER!  :0)  It's been like 4-5 days..... she will freak out, lol!  The progress is UNBELIEVABLE!

We had a cat scan today.  Dr. Vitarbo will hopefully be reviewing the cat scan tomorrow morning and let us know our plan of attack for the week.  We want to go to Brooks Rehab however I don't want to rush it.... I sure as heck don't want to have to come back because we left too early and stuff starts regressing!  Sooooo, take your time, do it right.... so when we leave.... IT'S FOR GOOD! :0)  (well besides when we have to come back and have your last surgery to repair the skull)

I am finally at a point where I feel like I don't have to constantly watch the monitors!  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!  I have been thinking alot today and the realization of all this being a miracle is really really sinking in.  You see... I think about the little 2-year old that passed away.... I think about the 17 year old that was shot this past weekend that didn't make it.... and all I can say is THANK YOU GOD..... THANK YOU.. for giving MY BOY a second chance at life... IT IS A MIRACLE!!!  Thank you God for having a plan for Alex.... THANK GOD YOU HAD A PLAN FOR HIM!  My heart goes out to the parents of those children because I honestly don't know what I would do if Alex had the same outcome as those children.  GOD ....all I can say is...YOU ARE AWESOME!  To see you working thru Alex and how fast he is progressing... IS JUST TOO COOL FOR WORDS... ONLY EXPLAINABLE BY YOU!  You are fascinating me, my family, the nurses, the doctors, kids, friends..... bringing people closer to you....making BELIEVERS out of non believers!  It's somewhat surreal to me at times..... like I'm here witnessing it but really... did it really happen.... am I really going thru this right now??  CRAZY!  My world has been turned upside down... my family going in a million different directions...people washing my clothes, cooking and buying me lunches and dinners..... my poor husband has probably only had 24 hours TOTAL of me since this happened 26 days ago... I LOVE YOU CHAD DILLARD!  Thank you for being the awesome person that you are and allowing me to do what I need to do to get thru this!  YOU ARE THE BEST!!

I preach daily about loving and hugging your kids....not taking advantage of any second you can to spend with them.... KIDS.... now it's my time to preach to you!

CALLING ALL KIDS:..... AS A MOM I NEED YOU TO LISTEN TO ME....
I know as parents we can get on your nerves.... seems like we are alllllllll up in your business.... but what I need you to understand is that it's only because WE LOVE YOU!  If we didn't ask, if we did not pry...that would be because we don't care!  BUT WE DO!  Ya see.... I always quiz...and I mean ALWAYS... and you can ask them, ALWAYS QUIZ MY KIDS!  Alex always would say..."Mom, come on... it's just so and so's house.... or..."We are just going here for a minute".... My point I guess I am trying to make...Don't take our questioning the wrong way... we just worry.  Worry that things like what I AM GOING THRU will happen!  Remember before you leave every morning to KISS AND HUG your parents goodbye.... tell them every chance you get "YOU LOVE THEM", spend time with your parents... make one day a week that is especially for them.... My kids give me Sundays.  I am close with all three of my boys and we have always had an open relationship and can talk about anything.  Most parents don't have that luxury so I ask you to do this for me!  Do what I ask of you... it makes us happy!  Give us a little of you each day... because if something were to happen to you... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT WOULD DO TO US!!!  Love your parents.... kiss your parents.... take time out for your parents.... we love you...we need you... it's hard for us to let you go.  You would be surprised if you gave us just a little of you the difference it would make in the family relationship!  So if mom or dad ask you to go to a movie.... or to stay home and watch a movie... come home early for a dinner... please do it!  You mean the world to us and we are just missing the time we had with you as little kids and we just want a little of that back.  If something happened to you today... we couldn't get it back! " I LOVE YOU"  needs to be the last thing you say to your parents everytime you leave their site!  As a parent going thru the worst nightmare of my life... I HAVE BEEN HANGING ONTO THAT MORNING that I left Alex!  We ALWAYS say I LOVE YOU before we part .... every time... THANK GOD I had that!  Start practicing NOW!

I can't wait to meet and greet all of our new friends at Alex's homecoming party... We ARE on the road to recovery..... and WE ARE KINDA A BIG DEAL!  GOD'S MIRACLE BOY..... THAT'S A FACT JACK!!!

Signing off.... Alex is still wide awake... full of energy... OMG... is the ADHD still there, lol.... ummmm... I THINK SOOOOOO!  And why would I think any different.... ALEX IS BACK!

PEACE~ LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
Lisa