On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2nd ( 8:44am )

My precious little Alex has not slept but maybe 4-5 hours last night and I am exhausted!  He is full of energy pulling  leads off of him, pulling the oxygen away so I had to divert his attention by giving him a straw to chew on!  HE DOES SOOOO GOOD!  He will take it from his hand to his mouth chew a little and then put his hand down and then do it again.... it's teaching him coordination and he is doing fantastic!

How about he plays rock, paper, scissors now.. lol!  Oh and throws up a dynamite sign every now and then... WHAT THE HECK... when did that come into play!??  We were like.. Alex.. did you just make that up? lol... He tells us it is a Jax thing and that you can only use it three times.  TOO FUNNY!  He can now swallow, lick his lips, give high 5, make a Tiger Face ( love it), wink, scratch his nose, point to his or mine... nose, ears, mouth, eyes, lips, teeth... AMAZING!  He tells Brooks I am his best friend and Brooks isn't liking that very much!  I AM LOVING IT, lol!  He loves the show "Jersey Shore" and his nurse along with alot of my family are from NJ so we taught him how to fist pump... hahahaha!!  TOTALLY AWESOME!  He is really becoming a ladies man... charming all the girlies that come in here to see him.... BIG FLIRT....he cracks me up!  He is very affectionate, wanting to hold every females hand, telling them he loves them... I feel like he is really picking up on his sense of touch right now... not only with people but certain things.  Like the straw... he loves to just hold it in his hand.....he likes to click an ink pen... he likes to just hold the oxygen tubing in his hand.... I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST HE IS DOING EVERYTHING!  Superman Speed Recovery!

He is doing great without the catheter... NO PROBLEMS THERE... and much more comfortable!  I haven't talked to the doctor regarding the fluid they drew from his EVD (drain) or regarding the cat scan and our plan of attack for the week.  As soon as I do, I will get online and let you all know where we go from here!!

TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!  Make it a great one for you too!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~ THUMBS UP!!

Lisa