On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our Special Visitor!

Alex took a long nap today on his pain meds and still woke up with some pain. :0/  Like I said earlier... his head is swollen alot more today than usual.... a little scary for me to look at and hoping that nothing more than fluid relocation is happening inside there!!  Please take a second to pray for Alex tonight or tomorrow morning at church.... I know God is on our side and I know I'm not supposed to worry... I just hate to see my Alley Pooh in any pain.  I really need the swelling to go down by Monday so he can be back on track with rehab because if it's like it was today... he won't be able to do anything.  

On the upside of things... we had a special visit from a childhood friend... JAMIE HARPER... who now plays for Clemson and he brought Alex a Clemson hat! Very sweet of you Jamie...thanks boo!  Jamie couldn't believe this happened and had just seen Alex the week before at the mall.  A SPLIT SECOND can change your life....it did for Alex and you are no exception!
I watch the video that the Hawkins had specially made for me over and over.... missing my boy...more and more... the boy I know and love and can't wait till he comes back to me!  Yes, he is doing great and making progress... but I miss MY Alex.  The kid in the video.... the crazy one... with lots of jokes on the spot and crazy dances and laughter.... I MISS YOU SO MUCH ALEX MICHAEL but I do thank you GOD for giving me another day with him!  I sit here looking at him sleeping so sweetly in that bed.... and yes...his smiles these days are the rainbows in my sky right now... but I really can't wait till that day when he is FULLY BACK TO HIS OLD SELF!  I have faith that he WILL be back!  It's hard to see him in pain and I try to stay strong and not baby him so that he tries harder..... and he is soooo sweet and just gives me the ok sign or thumbs  up... he soooo wants to please me and make himself better to go home.  I love you Alex Michael and you are my HERO.... today, tomorrow and always....I can't say enough how proud I am of you!

Chad is here spending the night at the hospital so I am signing off.... Hoping tomorrow is a better day for Alex and the swelling is down.  PRAY for him please.. pray for that swelling to go down and his pain to subside.... it always works with you prayer warriors out there! God.... please start the healing process from the inside of the brain to the outside of his sweet baby face.... give my precious boy comfort and peace and make that headache go away permanently..... THANK YOU GOD... you are an awesome God and I know what you are capable of.... PLEASE GOD... DO YOUR THANG and let this roller coaster end!  AMEN!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa