On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

DOES THE ROLLER COASTER EVER END????

OK GOD..... I am once again giving it all to you.... I suppose the devil thinks he is going to walk right in over here at Brooks and start his shenanigans!  I SAY NOT!  Alex has been in pain all day.... in and out of sleep not feeling well at all.  The swelling continues and I'm not real sure what is going on but am putting in a call to the doctor here now.  He has been on Loratab, Tylenol and Motrin all weekend and the pain does not go away... it puts him to sleep but he is still in pain when he wakes up....I'm thinking this ain't a good thing!

I let him sleep late, dressed him in his new pink polo that I got him so he looked all valentiney.... too cute for words, lol!  Sometimes when you dress up you feel better.... I'll try anything at this point!!  I just hate that I can't fix this!  We are having a set back  so I need all of you to get on your knees and pray...let's get a wave of prayers going once again and bind satan from interfering with God's work and progress.   GOD, I NEED YOU TO MAKE THAT SWELLING GO DOWN.... GIVE ALEX THE STRENGTH HE NEEDS TO CARRY ON AND FINISH OUT THERAPY....WE HAVE COME TOO FAR TO GIVE UP NOW!  Lord, please get that swelling to go down and wrap your arms around Alex and bring him some peace and comfort.  Take the pain away.... give it to me!  I'll take EVERY ounce of pain that he is having Lord.... you are the only one who can fix this and I am begging you to do your thang!  I know we still have lots of people who don't believe in your Miracle.... let's show them again!  Lets get back on track and get Alex healed and back home!

I am sorry to put a damper on everyone's valentines day and I hope you all had an awesome time with your loved ones.  I did venture out tonight and had a very nice dinner with Chad, Viki, Tom, Kinlin and Brandon at Capital Grill.  However... you know when I venture out and come back.... it always seems to me as if he has gone downhill...thus... why I NEVER LEAVE!   He is very sensitive to light and noise right now and becomes very irritated with everything.  His leg is in constant pain and nothing we do eases his pain.

AS OF NOW... THERE WILL BE NO VISITATION THIS WEEK.  Alex and his health are my main and foremost concern.  I will keep you all updated as much as possible as you are my prayer warriors and I DO NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!  Please don't ask me if you can come up and visit for just a minute... I hate to tell people no and it breaks my heart.... I will post on here when it is ok to visit... I just have alot to deal with and don't want to have to worry about hurting someone's feelings.  Thank you.

Ephesians 1:19
I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him.

God you are awesome.... let's beat this together!!  ALEX.... YOU HANG IN THERE HONEY... ME, YOU AND J.C...... WE GOT THIS... I JUST KNOW IT!!

PEACE~LOVE ~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

Here's to a better tomorrow!