On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TAKING MEDS BY MOUTH! ONE DAY CLOSER TO LOSING TUBES!

Great Day today for Alex!  We have crossed a couple of milestones... working our way up to losing tubes... YAY!  We are working on and have done so a couple of times.... going in the urinal...(he will kill me for writing that, lol)  but it is a huge deal!  Secondly.... he took his pills by mouth tonight instead of the G-tube!  Once we start taking all meds by mouth, we don't need that feeding tube anymore!  WAY TO GO ALEX!

We had some visitors today.... UNF student nurses... and he was a HAM!  Winking, blowing kisses... working every minute of these ladies..he was working the crowd..... see pics from the visit below!  ALEX is absolutely still in there!


HOW GOOD DOES HE LOOK HERE... AMAZING!






POSER!



THEM BLOWING HIM KISSES!

We also had a major STAND today... he stood and threw bean bags in a bucket during physical therapy this morning...check it out...







LOOK AT ALL THE BEAN BAGS HE MADE IN!!

We also had a visit from First Coast News and will be on tonight at 11pm..... and yes... I cried again...it is just overwhelming and I can still feel what I felt the very first night it all happened.  I am so thankful for all of the love and support that our family has gotten from everyone.  Alex told me tonight that he is happy to be alive and that he is Jesus' prophecy .... and yes he said those words!  HE TRIPS ME OUT!    THANK YOU GOD.... IT'S GOING TO BE AN AMAZING RIDE!!!

I will leave you all with a goodnight.... I'm exhausted physically and mentally tonight and ready to go get some sleep.  Please pray for Alex tomorrow as he is having his trach changed around 2:00pm and last time we changed out his trach it was an ordeal so I ask that you please lift him up in prayer and that everything goes as planned!

PRAYER WARRIORS..... please pray for my dear friend Deniece Moore and her family  as her Granny has been put in hospice.  Father I just ask that you lift this entire family up in your arms and bring peace and comfort to them as they know that she is coming home to you.  An angel on earth is an angel in Heaven!!  Prayer Warriors get busy on this one.... she and her husband are very special to me and are two of MY biggest prayer warriors for Alex.  THANK YOU!


OMG.... I JUST SAW THE NEWS!!
A GREAT GREAT BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO FIRST COAST NEWS...WOW!!!  That is soooo what I wanted as a story for people to see!  Thank you Jennifer for having compassion and showing what Alex is working so hard to achieve.  He just wants to go home!  WHAT AN AMAZING STORY!  I could not have asked it to be any better... I am really happy with the focus on Alex and his progress!  We will be walking outta this place.... watch and see!

Now I can go to sleep and rest.... all is good and tomorrow is a new day with my handsome boy!  

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa