On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!

Alex had a very busy busy schedule today along with his first time with his homebound school teacher!  YES SCHOOL!  He had therapies back to back to back this afternoon which tired him out very easily!  His physical therapist had him on a cycle thingy today to get his circulation going in his legs because they were cramping.  He wasn't really impressed with that either, lol.  He has really had major improvement with holding his head up in the center and not tilting as much as he did a week ago.  He is really moving his head side to side to see where he needs to look for things and also moves his eyes across to look at the left side where he had not been looking when we got here to Brooks.  So I have already seen major progress in his mobility and motor skills since we came here a week ago!  After therapy today, he got some Loratab as he wasn't feeling good and he was knocked out till we woke him up at 9 to take a shower! My sister Kristen flew in today and is here visiting until the 21st. While I was dressing Alex, we were talking about how his eyes weren't even open the last time she was here.. and that he was unconscious.  What happened next is unbelievable.  I asked him if he saw God when he was unconscious.... he said yes! He could here me telling him to tell his brain to stop bleeding but he saw the light and God was telling him to go towards the light.  I asked him if he saw Miss Gerry, Chads mom, he did and said she told him to come to the light.  He said he also saw Little Wesley, his 16 year old friend that was hit by a train.... and Wesley was telling him to come back to me!  He said he heard me singing the Barney songs and "You are my sunshine"!  Talk about a tear jerker!  He was getting sleepy but I intend to chit chat more and find out about all that he heard or felt while he was unconscious and on the verge of dying.  Simply amazing Alex Ross!  AMAZING!  God thank you for one more day with my handsome boy!  He knows that he is a Miracle and we talk about it and thank God together.  He is really trying hard to NOT say that he isn't handsome... I always ask him where he gets his good looks from and he points to me so I told him that he gets his looks from me and I know I am beautiful so he HAS TO BE BEAUTIFUL, lol!  He really thinks that his hair is what makes him so handsome .... he has no idea that he has the face of an ANGEL!  I keep holding onto the fact that he will soon be able to hug me!  His kisses are the sweetest of all and his random smiles are the rainbows in my sky.  I am so proud of him and his determination...... again.. I can't say enough that seeing is believing.  God you are awesome.... I am still bewildered as to how we got so lucky at a second chance at life.  I watch the news and it's never anything good... its always some child... that has not been as fortunate as mine and it breaks my heart!  I want all the kids in the world to be as lucky as mine and I have a hard time understanding the why's and the how's and am just in awe of how great our God is and THANK HIM for giving me my precious boy back!  I know you can work miracles God and I have two other prayer requests tonight that I need my prayer warriors to get busy on:

TIFFANY PARKS DAUGHTER-
my 9 month old daughter was born with spina bifida and hydrocephalus. she has a shunt in her brain to drain fluid and the doctors think that the fluid is rebuilding up on her brain. can you pray for me and my daughter that when she goes in for her appt on tuesday that everything goes well. if the fluid builds up she will have to again go into brain surgery.


SAM MOORE'S HUSBAND
hi my friend, I need your prayers my husbands heart has been acting up all nigth please pray. This time last year we were in the hospital i don't want to spend another Valentine there BUT where ever my husband is, is where I will be. 


Please lift these people up in prayer ..... I know they need it!  Please continue to keep alex in your prayers... we have a LONG short road ahead of us, ha!  He is still the fighter you all know and love and I can't wait till we have the homecoming party and he gets the chance to feel all of the love that I have been getting from all of you!  THANK YOU all sooo very very much.... from my family to yours.... GOD BLESS!


PEACE ~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!


Lisa