On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE AWESOME TURNOUT AT FUNDRAISER! Let's try this again!

Sorry about last night... Alex was having trouble going to sleep and we had to turn off EVERYTHING and lay down, like you would with a 4 year old, and go to sleep so that he would.  He has been staying up everynight till anywhere from 11:30 -12:30 and I am going to have to get with doctor for some type of sleeping aid for him.  That boy needs his rest!

Yesterday was another awesome day for us.  The BBQ fundraiser was a HUGE HUGE success and a major blessing to our family.  I know that this event took ALOT of hard work and effort with people getting up at the crack of dawn to start cooking chicken and setting up and I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!  Soooo many people pulling together and taking time out of THEIR day for Alex is extremely heart warming and as I sit and write it... I still can't believe it!!  Thank you so much to EVERY VOLUNTEER that helped out yesterday.... you have been heaven sent to me and my family and I am truly blessed to have such caring people in our lives.  I can't wait till Alex is up and outta here so we can all rejoice together at his homecoming party and he can thank you all himself with a BIG OLE HUG!  NORMANS.... thank you so much for letting us use your property for this event.  Without you this would not have been possible.  To the countless hours of stress and selling tickets.... those of you who sold those tickets.... THANK YOU.....  To everyone that bought tickets....THANK YOU!  To Ronnie and Chris... Angie... I LOVE YOU GUYS.... thank you for working so hard and busting your tails to make sure this happened for Alex.  You had a vision of what you wanted to accomplish and man did you do your thang!  You are amazing... your love and support is amazing.... we love you tremendously and can't thank you enough!   To those that donated the food... Treemendous BBQ, Gator's BBQ, Mr. Riese with Merita, John Mullen, MJ with First Chance BBQ, Geiger Meats.... to those that donated for the raffles Glen Goodroe with Swisher Sweets, Kevin from Texaco Express Lube, Tint, Tunes & Accesories, Okinawa, Dedges Lock and Key, Over and over the outpour of love for Alex just leaves me speechless!!  God you are sooooo good to me and my family and not a day goes by that I don't know you are in total control! Financially we have had to sit back and trust that you will provide for bills that I am unable to pay because I am not at work and here with Alex and you continuously SHINE thru for us and provide! 

I have to jump in the shower real quick for church this morning.... I will be back to thank the rest of you for all your hard work... NOTHING GOES UNNOTICED and EVERY LITTLE THING IS APPRECIATED!

love ya'll!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!