On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

SO MUCH TO SAY....

Because last night and early today's blogs have been in spurts... let me get the winners of the raffles announced in case you don't already know!  You can pick up your prizes at Young, Broke & Fabulous, 4000 Saint Johns Avenue:

CONGRATULATIONS and thank you so much for supporting Alex!!

Richard Bradley
Joanne ***- 4602 (there is no last name on the card)
Marina Miller
Betty Hayes
Sue Vancuren
Garett Blanes
Rebecca Provencal
Savannah Wood
Jimmy Williams
Morris Logan
Bayli Harris
Brandi Cope
Cayla Chitty
Debbie Taylor
Kristin Riese
Cindy Alvarez
Shawn Carter
Bill Wright
__________________________________________________________________________
Went to church today and that was a hard deal for me.  To watch that video all over again.... it was as if it just happened yesterday.  I sit here tonight and feel like there are a million things left unsaid! You know how when you have something important to say but then you leave and you are like... dang... I should have said this and I should have talked about that..... My main message... LET GO AND LET GOD...  GIVE IT ALL TO GOD!  God is very real and he did perform a very real miracle....ALEX MICHAEL ROSS IS ALIVE on DAY 60!  From 3 hours to 60 Days... AMEN..THANK YOU GOD!!  I forgot to mention my desperate plea to God the night of January 6th when I was given 3 hours!  I did mention how I told Alex to fight and come back and promised him the world....but I also told God that I had nothing left.... that everything I was and had been...... was laying there fighting for his life in that bed and that I was going to give it ALL to him... every ounce of me and everything I had... it was his... ALL MY FAITH WAS NOW IN HIM because when you have nothing.... HE IS EVERYTHING!  I hate that it took this to happen in our lives to bring me to my knees and get right with God again....and I do know that he has an awesome plan for Alex!  I can't wait to see what!!  To those of you who were there today... I truly hope that I hit home on a couple of things and that you took to heart some of my key points.  Trust him and let him.... he is there just waiting for you to let him in and he will never let you down.  This I tell you.... from experience first hand.  Thank you for all of the love and support you gave me today..... WOW.... a full house AND a standing ovation is certainly not what I would have ever expected but then again....we were in HIS HOUSE and HE is after all .....the reason I was able to give a testimony today!  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!

Alex ate himself silly today..... double french toast, dunkin donuts and a vanilla shake, chicken nuggets fries, popeyes, fries, vanilla shake,  mash potatoes, biscuit, chicken strips fries, sonny's bbq.... along with various other snacks!!!  OMG... he will probably have gained another 5 lbs by next thursday. He played bocci ball against Rachel,  his Uncle Chad and Brandon today and won.... or did he cheat??? not sure.. lol

I forgot to ask for special prayer request for Alex today... Tim Tebow invited him to go to Gainesville and hang out with him and others on the sidelines for PRO day and in order for that to happen we have to have Dr.'s ok for an outing.  I am taking a trach CPR class on wednesday and Alex has been trying really hard to focus on getting out of bed and using the toilet.  This is a major ordeal for which you cannot possibly grasp unless you are involved in the process.  A normal thing we take for granted that takes us all of 2-3 minutes takes alex about 45 minutes total to achieve.  Please pray for God to give him the strength to endure 4-6 of those a day with successful transfers and that it gets easier and easier for him after much practice.  I don't want to give the doctor any reason to say NO!  Again... we will not take that for an answer God so WORK WITH US :0)  This is a once in a lifetime chance and I don't want anything or anyone getting in the way of that.  He has worked sooo hard and I would love to give him THIS!  So please pray for God to pave the way for Alex.... He is so deserving of this!

Great article in the paper today regarding Tim and Alex....Thank you Times Union....I LOVED IT!

I had to stop in the middle of blogging and lay with Alex.... trying to get him to sleep...NOTHING IS WORKING.... have to shut down completely again... pray for MEEEEEE.

Will blog in the morning.... sorry folks!  I don't have time to proof read and if I forgot to thank someone please email me and tell me!!!  I don't want to leave anyone out!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa