On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

How nice was it to wake up in my own house, entire family intact on Easter Sunday!  AWESOME!  Alex  had planned to go to church with us this morning but being he had very little sleep he opted out and Chad was designated babysitter, lol.  Sorry I never got to get back to blogging last night... Master Alex called me away in the middle of my "free" time, lol and I never made it back!  He is having a hard time adjusting to a new routine,even though he loves sleeping his in bed.  His new love besides brownies is chocolate chip pancakes...aaaaaaahhhh....  I have looked twice this weekend and have not seen them.... it's a pain to keep making from scratch so if anyone on the westside see's them somewhere please let me know so that I can save Chad and myself some grief and use a toaster or microwave instead lol.  He still isn't sleeping through the night... I sound like I have a newborn, lol,  but again... I think once we get settled in and he feels safe we will get back into a routine.  He calls "mom" literally every 5 seconds and I have to walk outside as well as Randi because she is next inline with calling.  THANK YOU CHAD for taking our slot tonight so we can sit outback... in silence, relax and I can blog without interruptions, ha!  

I am really excited about day therapy tomorrow and cannot thank all of you who have fundraised, donated time and money enough and YOU PEOPLE are MY SAVIORS because without you, this would NOT BE POSSIBLE!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY VERY MUCH!  Randi and I will be taking him tomorrow and following him to see exactly what he will be doing!  Please say a quick prayer for Alex so that he finds peace with his new schedule and therapists and that all goes well.  One thing on our side is that the gtube is GONE!  AMEN!  Now he won't be obsessed with that tube... just the trach, lol!

God Bless my mom.... she came over today while we were at church and cooked Easter lunch.... Alex had specific requests and she was a good Granny making sure Master Alex had what he wanted for his Easter Lunch!  We spent some time at Viki's parents house this afternoon for Easter where we enjoyed watching her niece and nephews hunt for eggs! Miss Sandy... thank you for having us over.... it was really nice to get out! Alex lasted about 2 hours maybe and then he was ready to come home and get in his bed :0)

I am going to sit down tomorrow and make out a schedule as I feel like I am all over the place at one time, running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  It takes me an hour to shower him and it is like mission impossible lol with me and him in there!  If someone had a hidden video on us...they could make millions!  I can't wait until Builders Care comes in and makes the bathroom to where Alex and I can maneuver in his bathroom because right now IT IS A NIGHTMARE!  I have soooooooo much respect for the handicapped community and want to share a quick story with you before I have to sign off as the MASTER is calling!
Yesterday at Joe's Crabshack.... Alex had to go to the bathroom... WELL... obviously I couldn't go in the mens bathroom so I had to take him in the ladies.  Sooo we get in there and ALL stalls are full... even the handicapped stall.... Alex is freaking out, about to wet himself... yelling and screaming for whoever is in there to hurry up he's gotta go, lol.... I am trying to overspeak him by saying things like " Alex, they will be done soon" and " We can't go in the handicapped stall, someone is in there".... He just keeps saying... " take me over to the door, I want to kick it, I gotta go"....... "WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY.... out walks someone NOT handicapped.  I will be the first one to tell you that I AM GUILTY OF THIS ALL THE TIME!  I know alot of us do it because we have to go and it's the only one available in the movie's bathroom so we take it.... let me ask you... think again next time before you do!  It may be available at that time, but someone may come in right behind you that is in a wheelchair and THEY WILL NEED IT!  There is NOOOO way I can get Alex in a regular stall.  So coming from someone who has taken advantage of the system but is now in a whole other world... please think twice before going in that stall because yesterday was a wake up call for me and Alex!  Be considerate, it's there for a reason :0)

I gotta run... Alex is calling... pray for us tomorrow!  His surgery at Shands has been officially scheduled for April 22, we go in at 7am.  Lot's to be thankful for... lots of progress to be made... we are home... we are very fortunate, we are a FAMILY again... and today was totally awesome to have my family home and united once again!  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!  He is a miracle and today I thank you for dying on the cross so that we can live!  If you haven't thanked HIM today.... you should!  My handsome boy is very much alive today and he is responsible!  YOU BETTA BELIEVE IT!

I promise to blog tomorrow so that you guys know how it goes... tomorrow is a new day!  CAN'T WAIT!  The next phase begins!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

ps..  I miss you Miranda, Carmen, Marcie... oh yeah... Rocky too! :0)