On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, April 4, 2010


Sorry I didn't blog this morning as planned before heading to the beach but Brooks had a game in Ormond Beach today and his ride was picking him up and he had clothes all over jacksonville that he needed for game lol!  WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY TODAY!  We rolled up to the lifeguard station at Jax Beach and were treated like Royalty!  They helped me get him from the car to the beach wheelchair (which is awesome by the way!) and I am very much thankful for having been able to use that and take my handsome boy to the beach!  You know what's sad is that Mr. Bill Wilson from Builders Care came to visit me and it took something like this for me to know all about his company and what they do for the community and other people in Alex's situation.  WHAT AN AWESOME organization and how fortunate I am that many of you contacted them on Alex's behalf!  He said he probably had about 20 phone calls asking for his company to help us out... THANK YOU JACKSONVILLE!  You guys are simply amazing and how awesome is it to know that there are soooo many great people out there in this crazy world we live in today!  I can't thank all of you enough and can't stress enough that without you... Alex would NOT be able to get the rehab that he will start on Monday!  We are very very fortunate and appreciate soooooo soooooo very much all of the love, support, fundraising and generosity that this community has shown me, Alex and my family!  It's the little things that we all take for granted like going to the beach!  If I hadn't had that special wheelchair... he would not have been able to go!  THANK YOU to the gentleman who made that possible!  I am forever indebted to you and your generosity for seeing that the lifeguard station has those so that people in Alex's condition can enjoy the beach just like everyone else!

I got called away by the master himself to lay with him until he fell asleep.... it is 1:40 am he is still awake... I am closing for now and will blog again tomorrow... :0(