On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

LOSS OF VISUAL FIELD DUE TO BRAIN INJURY HEMIANOPSIA

So we had our neuro opthamologist appt yesterday.... mixed emotions... I am optimisitic because I know of God's great healing powers OBVIOUSLY!

Alex has NO PERIPHEAL VISION to the left in both eyes.  This is called HEMIANOPSIA.  His eyesight otherwise.... from what I understand is good.  However... Doctor Hill explained that this can improve but it usually happens within the first 6 months if it is going to.  So we still have another 2 months to monitor and evaluate where he is at that point.  Worst case scenario.... it doesn't heal... he never regains that peripheal vision... He will never be able to drive!  This is where I say once more... WE ARE NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS, lol..... Faith comes into play once more and I will give it to God and know and trust that this is part of the plan for many to witness once again the miracles that he is totally capable of!  The glass is half full.... heck look how far we have come!  I have met soooo many people with brain injuries and when I put Alex up against them... WE WIN HANDS DOWN.... MIRACLE OF GOD!  Not only the fact that he is alive... but how very MUCH ALIVE inside and out he is!  Alex had police men in uniform at the concert in awe saying... " I can hardly stand here and talk to you about him without getting choked up"!  Homicide dectective stated... "he should not be here". 

I live this miracle every day... but it still gets me.... to hear it from other people who are seeing and believing at that very moment.  Because SEEING is BELIEVING!  Alex has such a fantastic attitude and spirit it amazes me.  He is not negative one bit.... not even after the eye appt... still optimistic and says that he will drive!  He said to me just yesterday... "Mom, when the day comes and I can walk at rehab... I'm not going to tell you.... when you come to pick me up, I am just going to get out of my wheelchair and walk up to you and shake your hand and say... Hi... I'm Alex Ross... Alex Michael Ross!"  Cry much? lol.  Nothing keeps this kid down... he is an inspiration to meeee!!!  God.... just know that Alex Michael Ross will do great things for you... just watch and see!

I have a luncheon to attend so I need to sign off for now... today is Chad's birthday so we will be going out to dinner tonight with the family... very much looking forward to that!  A big thank you to Viki, Rhonda and Carly... you guys are awesome... thank you for helping make Chad's surprise birthday party a success last night!  Viki and Tom.. thank you once again for opening up your home to host a party for us... Chad really enjoyed himself and being all we have gone thru... a much needed get together with friends and family surrounded by people we love!  THANK YOU! 

CHAD DILLARD... I love you so very much and hope you have an awesome birthday today!  You deserve it!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa