On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

BACK ON THE ROLLERCOASTER!

So last night I slept on a blow up twin mattress next to Alex on the sofa and good thing I did.  He was up most of the night coughing and gagging on mucus and coughing up tons of mucus!  This morning he was running a slight fever 100.1 and still coughing up lots of mucus so I called Michelle, Michelle Driggers...one of our nurses from Shands as she lives on the Westside with us......asking her assistance to help suction Alex and see if she thinks he is aspirating what he intakes, which basically means it is going into his lungs..... which can cause infection/pneumonia...NOT GOOD!  So I have been on pins and needles paranoid that infection is setting in!  God Bless Michelle.. she came... yes he is aspirating everything he intakes... we called Dr. Becks office and she spoke to Amy, his assitant who Alex adores, and she explained it all to her.  What Alex is experiencing is all expected after the procedure he had done.  The temperature is expected after a surgery..they just didn't want it to get over 101.  We are to stop any dairy products as this is increasing and thickening the mucus... she suggested Tropical Smoothie/ Smoothie King.... this can be costly so I say.. CHADDY KING... and Chad can make him some home made smoothies,lol.  Although, Sweet Sweet Michelle is taking her children to the movies today and bringing him some smoothies by on her way home... or rather out of her way, lol.   As  for right now he is resting... slept for about 10 minutes.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off... suctioning, getting paper towels, bucket to spit in, cold rag for his head, hot rag for his chest where he keeps getting mucus on him... etc.  Oh how I love this rollercoaster and crazy world I am now surviving.  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!!!

I probably won't blog tonight... getting off of here to relax while I have a moment... sure I will be hopping around like a mad woman later today.  No news tonight is good news, lol.  I will probably start trying to blog during the day while he is sleeping or at day therapy as it is getting harder and harder to do so at nights because once he closes his eyes... I can't get to my bed fast enough!!

Keep those prayers coming... I'm sure we have a ride ahead of us with this last procedure and it's going to be a bumpy one!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa