On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THANK YOU JAGUARS & BUILDERS CARE!!

Last night I felt horrible once we got back from therapy and went straight to bed! I think my body and mind finally shut down completely and my body had taken it's toll since January and said..'THAT'S ENOUGH"... time to shut down, rest and recharge!  I woke up about 4:30am and had to force myself back to sleep, lol!  A BIG thank you to Kristen as she cleaned the kitchen, did school work with Alex and slept out in the living room with Alex so I could actually sleep in my own bed for once and get the rest that I needed!  What many of you probably don't know is that since the last surgery I have been sleeping on a blow up mattress next to the sofa so that when Alex wakes up in the middle of the night I can hear him as he can only speak with a whisper at this point.  Soooooo, it was AWESOME to sleep in a BED for once, lol!

Builders Care was going to be here at 8:30am this morning only I got a phone call at 8am saying that the floor guys were on my street... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  Jump out of bed... wake Kristen and Alex up in the living room... we gotta get all the furniture moved outta the living room and dining room so that they can begin putting the laminate floors down!  Alex wasn't too impressed with having to get up and wanted another 30 minutes, lol... not gonna happen.  Up and at em we put him in my bed.. and Kristen and I began moving stuff with the guys to get it all out of the way!    Builders Care showed up with 4 pretty girls from NC who go somewhere every summer to volunteer and they came to help out here today with moving furniture and ripping up the carpet.  ALEX LOVED THAT, LOL!  Of course he got their phone numbers before they left and has been texting them, ha!  Thank you girls for being a part of our journey!!!


Here is a before pic:


after


ALEX LOVE LOVE LOVES IT.... UMMMM HE IS LIKE SPEEDRACER AROUND HERE NOW!!
The one thing I DON'T like now is that he eats while he rolls around and so now I need someone or thing to go behind him sweeping up the CRUMBS! 

Once the girls left he was ready to hall butt outta here as there was alot of banging, sawing and noise that he wasn't up for!  So we headed out to meet Shelley and Sarah for lunch at the towncenter!  Thank you ladies.... we really enjoyed that!  Much needed FRIEND time today! xoxo  We also were very fortunate to meet one of our followers Miss Joye Hampton... Thank you Miss Joye for coming up and introducing your self, it was awesome to meet you!

We got back home and Alex had an hour to nap and then it was school work!  He and Kristen buckled down in my room because the floor guys were still here and today he made a 7 out of 10 on his quiz.  So far he has done really great and I am soooo sooooo sooo proud of him and how well he is retaining information and staying on course! 

Tomorrow is another long day  11, 2 and 4pm appts..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.  Not looking forward to that at all!  The Yawning has begun... going to sign off for now... get some shuteye.... More updates tomorrow and film of him walking.

PEACE~LOVE ~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

PS... A SPECIAL MESSAGE:  MOM AND JERRY... HAPPY HAPPY 20 YEARS TOGETHER!  LOVE YOU GUYS AND WISHING YOU MANY MANY MORE HAPPY YEARS TOGETHER!  XOXO