On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, July 9, 2010

This little light of mine... I'M GONNA LET IN SHINE!!

"Do not despair. Continue to strongly believe and keep your hope alive. God is able to write straight, even on the most crooked or blurry lines."  (Thank you Miss Karen Cox for sharing that with me!!)

I forgot how much aggrevation and stress I can relieve by having a good run and talking with God!  WHAT A GREAT RUN I HAD WITH KRISTEN TONIGHT!  I realized that the Devil had me taking my eyes off of the real focus....  I HAVE ALEX... ALIVE!  Who cares about anything else?  That is what is important to me and my family.  Not what people think, not what opinions are formed... I have my son ALIVE and way more alive than I possibly ever imagined and in such a short amount of time.  I asked God to give me my son back and I would deal with whatever came my way... I GOT THIS!  God is my fortress and my faith has never waivered ..... we pass out bracelets and share God's miracle every day!  God has had a plan all along... again... I am in the passenger seat and he is my chauffeur!  So I had my run and put my armour back on and it's even sturdier than before!  THANK YOU GOD for picking me back up and putting special people in my life that YOU placed there! 

I have more vacation pics to share... I love love love getting these... THEY MAKE MY DAY!  Thank you for loving Alex unconditionally and praying for him constantly.... you guys are awesome!



Ian took Alex tubing in  Lake Cowpen in Hawthorne, Florida



Carly took Alex to the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia



Downtown Philadelphia :0)


Wishing everyone a great weekend... I probably won't blog until Monday night once we have been back to the ENT and I have something to report on Alex.  We had a lazy day today, no therapy and Alex had some of his biggest fans over for dinner Ryan and Collin :0)  Pedicure tomorrow and date night with Chad... THINGS ARE LOOKING UP, LOL!

Thank you to those who have been writing me and sending me prayers, love and encouragement... YOU are the special people I speak of that God has placed in my life.  He speaks volume thru you and you have gotten me back up and running, fully charged!!! THANK YOU!  I had taken my sight off of what is important in my life... MY family... Alex... his recovery... and the fact that he is VERY MUCH ALIVE.  Thank you Lord for putting my perspective back in order and lighting my flame again!  I am still giving you all the honor, glory and praise that you so deserve!  THANK YOU FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!  AMEN!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa