On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BACK IN THE GROOVE....

Sorry I haven't blogged in days... ran hard this weekend in the TOUR DE PAIN... it kicked my butt... my immune system has been down and I'm trying to recover from some post nasal drip, fatigue and laziness lol!

Alex had a greaaaaaaaaaat day today in physical therapy!  HE KICKED SOME BUTT on the treadmill!  Notice he isn't using his hands to support himself!  


Last week the goal was to walk 5 minutes, stand 3 minutes, sit for 3 minutes then repeat.  TODAY... Alex went for 10 minutes walking at a time and WITHOUT HANDS holding on!  AWESOME!  After walking two times in 10 minute increments he did some free stand walking... I'm just so proud of how hard he worked today...unbelievable!


If he continues with this progress... HE WILL BE WALKING IN NO TIME! :0)



Friday on the way home he decided he wanted his hair did, lol.  He wanted his hair shampooed and cut so we stopped in at Fran's to see if Miss Lauren could hook him up.  He got a little more than he bargained for as we talked him into getting rid of his unibrow while he was there, hahahahaha.  Check out the video below :0)  His reaction was PRICELESS!

ALEX GETS HAIR DID AND EYEBROWS WAXED.. HAHAHAHA




Chad and I endured the TOUR DE PAIN run this weekend which consisted of 4 miles on the beach Friday night at 7:30pm, 3 miles San Jose/Baymeadows 7:30am Saturday morning and 1 mile sizzler downtown Landing at 4:30pm Saturday afternoon.  WHEW!  My legs were killing me.... I was exhausted... to run that much in 24 hours but I conquered it and feel like I did a major accomplishment FOR ME!  42 years old... not too shabby, lol!  Alex talked Kinlin into running the mile sizzler ... pushing HIM!  What an awesome job she did... and Alex posed every second he could for the cameras down photo lane, lol.  As soon as she would turn the corner, he would cross his legs and put his hand to his chin like he was bored.... \hahahaha... Little turkey!  Here are some pics from our big weekend.


Chad, Eddie and Brandon




Kinlin, Alex and me... and we're off to start the race!




Alex the POSER... he cracks me up
GREAT JOB KINLIN!!




home stretch... I think I can, I think I can!




My biggest Fan... I love you Chad Dillard!
Thank you for encouraging me and believing in meeeeee :0)




Thank you Kinlin .... You made Alex's day!

Nicholas left this weekend to go back to USF in Tampa....... sad to see him go but we will be visiting him on the weekend of the 28th as my baby will be turning the big 21!!  WOW Crazy that he is going to be 21... already!  I'll say it again... HUG THOSE BABIES.... they grow fast and tomorrow is not guaranteed!  I LOVE YOU NICHOLAS ADAM ROSS and am so proud of the awesome young gentleman you have grown up to be!  

I will try to keep up with my blogging.... still not feeling back up to par... we do not have therapy tomorrow so I probably won't get online again until Thursday and hopefully have more great updates with his therapy that day!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers... we always need them... right now we are working on Alex's impulsivity and trying to get him to remember to STOP before acting on what he thinks.  Today he needed to spit and basically just spit on the floor at Brooks!  If he thinks it... in his mind he reacts to it without realizing what he is doing and if it is normal behavior or not.  He thought it... impulsively reacted on that and followed thru.  It is a constant battle... he has problems with short term memory... ALOT going on in that BRAIN that is left and we have a long road ahead and lots of retraining to do!  THANK YOU GOD FOR ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY..... I welcome the challenge! :0)

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
SIEZE THE MOMENT AND LIVE FOR TODAY!!!

Lisa

PS.... Count your blessings.... thank HIM and then COUNT THEM AGAIN!!!  HE IS AN AWESOME GOD....Tell HIM about it! :0)