On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Faith is not believing that God can- It is knowing that He WILL!!!

Today was a much better day for me....THANK YOU GOD!  Mom came with breakfast from chick fil A, played cards with Alex...let him cheat to win (what gma's do) and cooked chicken and dumplings for dinner....THANK YOU MOMMA!  Susie came over... we watched a movie,  got my nails did then to Target (one of my happy places,lol) !  GIRL TIME...thank you Shushi! :0)  Heidi and Carly came over tonight... we walked a mile and a half...taking turns pushing Alex around the neighborhood lol..... GIRL TIME....Thank you ladies!  That's just what I needed today.... things to take me away from my real world for just a little bit.  I don't need much....but I do need ME time every couple of days atleast :0)

Alex took it easy today... stayed in his boxers all day on the sofa.....Just what Alex ordered, lol.  He told me last night that all he wanted to do today was lay around on the sofa... HE GOT IT!  He has been working so hard at therapy, his body needs a good rest like that to prepare for the next day.  Tomorrow we are back to the grind... physical and occupational therapies... the school board is sending people out to evaluate him while at therapy... all part of the processes we have to go thru to get him back into the school system.  He'll be trying to show out tomorrow FO SHO!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to my followers who sent me warm encouraging emails and pep talks.... THEY REALLY WORK and put a smile on my face.  Keep the prayers coming.... Lord knows we certainly still need them.  Hopefully I will have some more video footage tomorrow of Superman!

Thank You God for one more day with my Handsome boy, AWESOME Family and treasure chest of Friends!  LOVE YA'LL!!  xoxo

Stay Tuned...
Peace~Love~n~Thumbs Up!

Lisa