On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DAY 245 ... 8 MOS AND 2 DAYS LATER.. ALEX WALKS!!!

OMG... THANK YOU SWEET JESUS!!!  TODAY IS TRULY A MIRACLE AND WE ARE JUMPING WITH JOY!!!

I called it this morning when I posted to my facebook that I couldn't wait to see what great things Alex was going to show out today!  It started off with him doing great in occupational therapy and lifting that left arm and trying to keep it up on his own.... something you and I take for granted every day.... not so easy for my Alley Pooh!  See Below:

You can see how hard he is trying to keep it up with it shaking.  SO PROUD!  That arm will be doing it's own thing in no time!




Then we moved onto physical therapy and he was showing out with showing me how he can transfer to and from wheelchair by himself:  I WAS TOTALLY IMPRESSED!



THEN HE GETS UP FROM THE CHAIR BY HIMSELF... NO CANE.  OK WOW ME MUCH?




NEXT HE GETS UP FROM MAT WITH THE CANE... WALKS TO TREADMILL AND GETS UP ON THE TREADMILL.... READY FOR HIS DAILY WALK.  PROUD LIKE A PEACOCK!



AND NOW THE GRAND FINALE..... THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.... DRUMROLL PLEASEEEEEEEE.........

ALEX WALKS INTO THE HOUSE WITH CANE.... BY HIMSELF!!!  THANK YOU GOD... I THOUGHT TODAY WOULD NEVER GET HERE!!  DAY 245.... I SERVE AN AWESOME GOD!!!



I feel like you are all experiencing the same inexplainable emotions right now as we watch in awe of what God has done with my boy!  HOW INCREDIBLE IS THIS!!!  OMG!  I still can't believe it!  I always knew he had it in him.... he just had to believe in HIMSELF!  He is sooo excited and has posted on facebook how he can walk... called everybody he can think of.... SO SO SO PROUD!!!!  I wanted to get online real quick and post this because we are sooo excited and wanted to share all that he has accomplished today.  I may have more to write tonight but had to get on and post this!!!!  YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING... KEEP THEM COMING!!!

DAY 245... ALEX YOU ARE AWESOME AND I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU!  KEEP UP THE HARD WORK... IT'S PAYING OFF!  MOMMA LOVES YOU!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

LISA
(ONE HAPPY MOMMA!)