On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Friday, November 26, 2010

WE ARE IN NJ..... TRIP DETAILS TO FOLLOW NEXT WEEK :0)

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile to update you on Alex..... he had a stomach virus last week so we didn't have therapy as you can only imagine I wasn't about to attempt a drive to therapy and chance another poop session in my car, lol!  I have lots to tell you when we get back... we are still in NJ and won't be back until Tuesday night late. We did make a trip into NYC and it was spectacular and we had an awesome time!  We are soaking up as much family time as we can while here so I won't be getting on and blogging until we get back.  I received a couple of emails hoping everything was ok as I haven't been on in awhile.  Just lots going on with the holiday... packing and getting ready to come here and then once here.... going ....going.... going.... fitting everything we can into our week of touring the city and sight seeing.  Today we are taking Brooks to Chelsea Piers, a huge sports complex in NYC....he wants to shoot some hoops and practice as basketball tryouts at school are next week when we get back and he wants to be primed :0)


Hoping you all had a wonderful thanksgiving as we surely did!  THANKFUL FOR MANY THINGS THIS THANKSGIVING......most of all that Alex was here to share it with us!  I will leave you with the words spoken from Alex as he blessed the food for us on thanksgiving day:

"Dear 8lb 6oz baby Jesus...." as we all giggled.... "Thank you for Logan, Madison, Aunt Randi, Aunt Kristen, Auntie I I, Uncle Moron, socks, biscuits, thank you for bums.......the people who build houses and the gravy in front of me, AMEN!"

Yes you see....those closest to him that shower him and take him to the bathroom and dress him.... don't matter so much, lol.... I told him next time he needed to go to the bathroom, he needs to call his Aunts to come and take care of him on the toilet, lol! 

Very thankful this year..... God is Awesome and we are so thankful for our second chance at LIFE and our wonderful friends and family!  THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED LOVE AND SUPPORT..... GOD BLESS YOU!  XOXO

I'll have lots to tell next week with lots of pictures!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!
Lisa