On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HARD WORK AT THERAPY TODAY!

ALEX had a great day at therapy today!  He walked on the treadmill, walked around the building and learned to get on his knees and balance today... that was a task for sure!  See videos below:

The first video is of Alex cutting up before therapy began... He's still got it!



This is video of Alex getting on his knees:




So we leave therapy and are on the road about 5:00pm.... RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.  We get on I-10 about 20 minutes into the ride and Alex says... "Mom, get off quick I gotta POOP!"..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH are you freaking kidding me???!!  "RIGHT NOW?  YOU CAN'T HOLD IT 5  MINUTES?"..... "OMG...No Mom I feel it coming out now!"... "Alex... it doesn't sneak up on you like that outta no where... you gotta let me know ahead of time"... "I'm telling you NOW... get off and find a bathroom".... WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST???  I am in the fast lane.... traffic is poking along... trying to get over... don't want to get off on McDuff trying to get him to hold it till Cassat... the whole time he is saying "It's coming out".... SERIOUSLY!???  Nice man let's me over... I work my way to the left lane... Here is Cassat, I get off... RED LIGHT! Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.... go around the truck in front of me TURN RIGHT ON RED... Hess station... slam on breaks, pop the trunk get out his bag, open his door, get him out, he puts his arm around me we are walking in... lock the doors... head on in.  Get in the store... walk to the back right down skinny hallway with stacks of cases of cokes... "Mom, I just shit my pants... it just came out".... "OH WELL, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW CAN I?"... "I'm just kidding it didn't but I feel like it did"... as he laughs at me... I WANT TO CHOKE HIM RIGHT ABOUT NOW, LOL.... we get in the bathroom... he has me put toilet paper on seat alllllllll the way around while he holds onto the bar.... grab him, walk over to the toilet... sit down.... wait... wait....wait.... "It must have been a false alarm"......OHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH! REALLY?  And this is why I don't pull over right away when he says he has to poop!  When I don't he craps in the car... when I do .... He doesn't..... CAN I GET AN AMEN PLEASE!  I just can't win for losing I swear!  STRESS ME OUT AND THEN SOME.... whatever... lol... Im just gonna keep rolling with the flow!  Sooner or later we will come together and get it down pact.  Either that or he'll be riding on plastic from now on lol!

Putting up my xmas tree tonight... prelit 10ft...plug it in.... LIGHTS DON'T WORK...AAAAAAAAAAAHHH... anyone know of a company or person that fixes this please let me know!  I don't wanna string lights lol!

Sir Alex is calling... gotta sign off... school tomorrow for Alex :0)

Before I forget.....PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE:
Patrick Harding ... He's 13. He was slide tackled during a soccer game last night. Punctured lung, two broken ribs and he's still bleeding in lung, so they are watching him for the next 12 hrs hoping the bleeding will stop...then They'll decide about surgery.  He is in Alex's PICU room at Shand's... he is in excellent hands but I need all you prayer warriors to lift him and his family up in prayer for the bleeding to stop!!  THANK YOU!


Have a great day!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP~!

Lisa