On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby Steps!!

Alot has been going on with me and Alex... I have been down with strep and he has had a stomach virus off and on for 2 weeks now so between the two of us it's Been a bit crazy! I had to get on real quick and brag about my handsome boy and tell you all of the progress he has made this week! Tonight will be the third night he has been sleeping in his bed ALL by himself and ALL NIGHT without waking up! THANK YOU GOD!!! I never thought we would get to this point.... It seemed it was never going to come! He still is a little scared So I do lay with him for about 15-20 min to calm him and put his mind at ease. He listens for me to set the alarm and I show him that I can see him on the baby monitor. BABY STEPS but we are getting there! I am Soooo proud of him!
Please pray for our journey to Atlanta on Sunday, we finally have doctors appt at Emory University for a second opinion on how to get that darn trach out. Praying they have the perfect solution to getting it out. Alex has had alot of anxiety regarding this trip and concerns about what they plan on doing to him and worried that they will want to operate and put the stint in. He is hoping and praying for another solution that won't take his voice for 10-12 weeks. Actually .... So am I! Lord help us all if he can't talk for 10-12 weeks... I do NOT want to go back to sign language lol! I will try to be better about my blogging now that I am almost back to normal and feeling much better. Look for blogs on Tuesdays and Thursdays ... This way I have more to report and Won't bore you. ;0)

I'll keep you updated on our journey and what hopeful solutions they have As to getting that trach out once and for ALL!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP! LISA