On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, December 6, 2010

PRAYER REQUESTS FOR MY PRAYER WARRIORS... WE NEED YOU!

I finally figured out how to add the archive on here so that you or new followers can go back and catch up in case you think you have missed any of my blogs!  YAY!  On the right hand side you should see a list and you can click on the month and pick the day you want to read about.  I am in the process of still writing about our trip to NJ and NYC.... going day by day and hitting the hi-lights with some pictures to top it off.  I promise the wait is worth it!

 I have been sick since we got back... think I have strep and I haven't wanted to do anything so I apologize for the delay in my blogging.  I have been on antibiotics and feel much better today... well at the moment anyways, lol.  Alex is doing good... he got into a little trouble with me yesterday as he has this problem of getting people to change their plans to take him here or there and he made plans with two people yesterday of which it backfired on him because first of all ... HE DIDN'T ASK me... HIS MOM if it was ok and second of all... because he doesn't realize that people go OUT OF THEIR way to accommodate him and r!earrange their day to suit him and then he will cancel on one because he thinks the other option is better.... WELL I DON'T GO FOR THAT.... sooooooooooo, he ended up staying home and not going anywhere yesterday.  He has to learn that if you make plans with someone, you keep those plans.  The next person can wait until you are available again.  If he keeps going the rate he is going... noone will want to do anything with him.  He hurts peoples feelings without realizing the multitude of it.... hopefully cognitive therapy will have a key play in this and he will get back some of those emotional traits he once had so he can realize the extent of what he says and does has consequences.

Any who.... other than that... he is doing great.... we have 3 therapies today for 3 hours.  WE leave Sunday for Atlanta, his appt for a second opinion at Emory University is on Monday so please say some prayers that we have a great alternative solution besides the surgery and "stint" placement.  If he has to get a stint he will have no voice for 10-12 weeks and that will send me over the top, lol!

PRAYER REQUESTS PLEASE:
I have had a couple of prayer requests since I was last on so please add these people to your prayer list:

MITCHELL GREEN - was in a car accident last week and it was very serious with swelling to his brain, several broken vertebrae and facial fractures.  I am trying to get a status as I write this and am waiting for a phone call......

OLIN WILLIAMS - A brother to a friend of mine who is Nick's age (21)....Serving in Afghanistan and while there got bit by some insect which carried a flesh eating virus... has become infected and now he is incoherent and in very serious condition fighting for his life.  Doctors are trying to stabilize him so that they can move him to Washington for treatment.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HEALING FOR BOTH AND PEACE FOR THE FAMILIES INVOLVED.

We serve an Awesome GOD and even though these incidents seem unfair and we ask ourselves why.... I of all people know that this is part of his plan and as hard as it may seem to understand..... WE MUST HAVE FAITH IN HIM!  Put all your trust and faith in God and there will be a peace and comfort in ABUNDANCE that will come over you like nothing else in this world.  HE IS THE TRUTH, THE WAY AND THE LIGHT!  Remember that always..... even in the good times it is easy to forget..... but He is always there.... waiting... no questions asked .... you just have to let him in!!

Thank you Lord, for always being there...... For giving me what I need and when I need it, for the strength to get me thru each day.... for showing me right from wrong....and for my many many blessings each and every day that are easy to take for granted.  I love you with all my heart and soul and I pray that you heal these two boys Mitchell and Olin from the tip of their head to the bottom of their toes and bring peace to the families.  You have done great work on my boy and I am so very thankful for that.  You can show your talents again, right now.... to these boys and their families....miracles before their very eyes.....please Lord, I ask you with everything that I have to please wrap your arms around them and show them who You are and what You are capable of!!  In Jesus Name I Pray.... AMEN!

Thank you PRAYER WARRIORS!!!  xoxo

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP! LISA