On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

GETTING READY FOR GRADUATION!



With no more school work to complete, no more tests to take, Alex has been focusing on therapy and being able to walk by himself across that stage and get that diploma!  I  spoke with his occupational therapist last week in regards to his left hand/arm and wanted to know if he would ever fully get that functionality back. Her answer was that it all depended on if that part of the brain repaired itself...... certainly not something I wanted to hear and I somewhat became discouraged.  UNTIL YESTERDAY.... WHEN GOD SHOWED UP AGAIN!!!  With Alex's hard work and God's unending blessings.....ME, ALEX & JC GOT THIS FOR SURE!!  AMAZING...AMAZING ... AMAZING!  That left arm and hand did what it was supposed to do!!!



He still continues to work hard at walking ..... he tells me he has a double date on Monday... well double meaning him and two girls lol!  amazing what that incentive can do to put a little pep in his step and to push himself a little harder!  I truly hope these girls are serious and he does get to go on his date.....if not, I will be one HOT MOMMA..... and I don't mean in a good way, lol!



Graduation is a week away and it will truly be one of the best most memorable days of our lives!  I promise to video and post for all to see the glorious works of our GOD and the miracles that he continues to work in and thru my handsome boy!  Thank you all for your  prayers and support..... please continue to pray for Alex that his brain does heal those parts that we need to get that left arm back to full functionality.  God has done so much in such a short amount of time with Alex and I am putting all my faith in him once again that he will continue his work and WE WILL HAVE A FULL RECOVERY..... in HIS time!  THANK YOU GOD.....GIVING YOU ALL THE HONOR, GLORY AND PRAISE THAT YOU SO DESERVE!  AMEN!


PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

LISA