On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, March 22, 2010

DAVE AND BUSTERS DAY OUT!

Alex actually went to sleep last night at 11pm..... probably because he had NO sleep the night before!  However, they did not give him one of the new medications that they had given him Friday night and I think that had alot to do with the craziness!  Tonight however.... we may be embarking on that same ship.... it's 11pm and he is NOT asleep and obsessing over his trach, gtube and inner cannula to the trach!  I just spoke to the nurse and she is giving him another dose of the good stuff.... soooo hopefully that will kick in because he is being very obsessive compulsive right now and his brain is going ninety to nothing!

We had a great day out at Dave & Busters today out with Brooks Rehab... it was a very short trip but we were outta here none the less.    When we got there... Brooks and Brian took him off to play games while the rest of our group went to get a table to order food.  Once we got the table I went to find Alex and see what he wanted to order and he said... "to heck with these games... take me to the dang food!"  Soooo... that was the end of Alex's game playing at Dave & Busters... he just wanted to eat, lol!  By the time Alex got his food and ate.. it was time to load him up on the bus and head back to Brooks.  It was really a great day of just hanging out and laughing with him at the table... he was in a great great mood today and actually well behaved of which I was worried, lol.  He had some comments here and there, but for the most part... we all enjoyed his day out!  I can't remember if I told ya'll or not but he gained 5lbs this week and is now up to 107.5!  He weighed 110 the first week we were in Shands so he is almost back up to where he was!  Randi and I did learn that with his brain injury.... he doesn't really know when he is full or if he is even full.  They say alot of brain injury people end up weighing alot more when leaving here because they just continuously eat because they don't know when to stop.  At first I was encouraging it because he hadn't eaten in forever and now I feel like I have to start watching what he eats because I don't want to roll him outta here, lol!  Nick rode the rehab bus with him to Dave & Busters today and he had Nick call me and say " Mom, Alex is chewing gum and he won't give it to me.....  I said "he can chew gum Nick"... he said... "Mom, he got it from under the seat!!"  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!  OMG... I said "What...?"  He said, " yes, and he won't give it to me!" " I have tried to get it from him and he just won't give it to me"...... I said.. "well, just let him eat it then! lol!"...  I know how Alex can be and Nick isn't used to being around his spicy attitude... well I should say.. spicy BRAIN INJURY attitude and I wasn't sure he would know how to handle him or what to say on the bus. Soooo, what the heck.. let him chew it.  Me, Randi and Carly were dying laughing after hanging up with Nick..... laughing and freaking out at the same time, hahahaha!  Once he is over this injury and I can tell him about it... THEN IT WILL BE FUNNY, ha ha!  Weeeeell come to find out... joke was on mom!  He was just wanting to play a trick on me and had Nick call me to see if they could get me to freak out!  JOKE WAS ON THEM, cause I didn't care... lol!   Little buggar... as if he doesn't give me enough junk to deal with lol!
So thanks for all the emails and prayers my friends... because they certainly worked for last night and today!

I want to thank the many many of you who continue to write me and encourage me, especially after I was blasted!  You are all my little angels and God knows I have certainly needed the emails after that!!  I am doing  the best that I can with what I have been dealt and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for my son!!  Soooo, keep writing, keep praying... you guys are awesome!

I tried to make a slide show of some of the pics from Nick's Save or Shave event but I cant get the technology to cooperate and I dont have all night.  When Alex sleeps... I must sleep... especially lately!!  Here are a few pics from Friday night.... again... thanks to all of those who were there, came out and cheered for Nick and supported his cause.  Alex wanted me to thank all of you as well!!  If anyon!!e has pics from the event... please email me thru the website and I will add them to my slideshow.... I just gotta figure out how to get it posted to the site!! ;0)


























As I am done writing this ... Mr. Alex is fast asleep!  YAY!  Tonight is going to be a great night for some rest!   I am going to sign off for now... sleep while we can....  Tomorrow is a treadmill day.... going to need my strength for that!

LOVE TO ALL!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!!

Lisa