On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

DAY 56!..... ALL COMING BACK!! THANK YOU GOD!



I sit here tonight and reflect back to January 6th.... WOW.... Alex Michael you are truly a MIRACLE and how awesome that you realize it!  3 hours to live..... then three days later told you wouldn't make it 7 days to live and 2 brain surgeries you have survived with another one in the near future .....and now we are on day 56 THANK YOU GOD.....You are an awesome God and don't we know it! WOW....WOW....WOW!!!  I can't believe my life has been on hold for 56 days but yet it seems like it happened yesterday!  I am soooo very lucky to be able to sit here and write these blogs every night.... I am so thankful that God continues to give me ONE MORE DAY WITH MY HANDSOME BOY!  I sit here and think about all of the trials and tribulations that we have gone thru... and still continue to go thru on a daily basis.  The battles all around us with the devil constantly knocking on our door but we FIGHT and we FIGHT HARD and we WILL WIN THIS FIGHT....TRUST ME! So many many many of you write me and express your support and love and almost always say you don't know how I get thru this or that you can't imagine having to go thru this.... I hope you never have to. EVER!  Changing a diaper of a newborn 8 times a day is nothing compared to changing your 16 year olds diaper 8 times a day.... or getting him dressed and out of bed.... putting on his socks.... his shoes....lifting in and out of bed... too and from the wheelchair.   I GIVE A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL MY NURSING ASSISTANTS and all those that are in that profession.  I don't get paid for doing what I have to do everyday with Alex but I can't imagine they are paid half of what they deserve for all of the crap that they have to do and put up with!  I give a HUGE HUGE thank you to my lil sister Randi..... I couldn't have gotten thru this on a daily basis without you and I cannot possibly thank you enough for the emotional and physical support you have given me since you have been here.  You are my little angel and I love you heart and soul for being here as my rock on a DAY TO DAY basis.  No one can really fully understand what goes on here... unless you are here... in it... deep in it... 24-7... behind closed doors all the stuff you don't see or know about because I can't possibly write about EVERYTHING.  It's impossible to explain... it's impossible to imagine unless you are walking in my shoes at this very moment.  UNEXPLAINABLE and again ....I hope none of you ever have to experience it.  I will tell you that God along with the insurmountable support from friends and family is what gives me my strength and uplifting spirit!!  You all may not realize it but you too are part of my healing process in this and you deserve a big pat on the back for keeping me going with your emails and prayers!  It's a combination of everything and everyone that gives me the little boosts that I need at just the right moment!  God sends ya'll signals and you just happen to send me emails at the right time, lol!  And for those that haven't realized it yet... you can email me at alexrosstrust@gmail.com

BIG NEWS TODAY....  Alex is moving his left arm!  IT'S ALL COMING BACK.... Thank you God!  Its not a..... grab a fork and eat with the left hand kind of movement... but it's movement none the less.  BABY STEPS!  When Miss Lynn taps on certain trigger points or gets the massager out and touches certain trigger points... that hand comes up.... slowly and at it's own pace but it's a heck of alot more movement than 3 days ago!  AMEN!  It's all coming back!  The walking machine thing... Yeah I finally did my homework... it's called an ARJO machine... sooo that's everyone's big word for the day... ARJO.  Now what that stands for... I guess that will be tomorrow's assignment, lol!  He walked on that again today and every day it gets easier and easier so by next week we should be running down the dang halls here "raising the roof" hahahaha!  Alex Michael I am sooo very proud of you and every day you get stronger and stronger.  I love watching you work thru your pain and complaints and strive to being that one step closer to going home.

I want to thank my team from my new job, LPS, Inc., for coming out to visit us today.... WOW!  You guys are awesome and it warms my heart that you took time out of your busy day... AFTER WORK.. to pay us a visit and with Three Musketeers GALORE, lol.  He will look like a three musketeers by the time we leave here!  For knowing me only 6 days... I feel like we are family and it means the world to me that you came to visit!  I am looking forward to coming back to such an awesome bunch of peeps to work with!  But most of all we are looking forward to baked ziti on the 20th.... hee hee!!  THANK YOU!

Alex was referred to DREAMS COME TRUE by Miss Laura his cognitive therapist (I call her the thinking therapist) and we are getting a visit from them tomorrow.....YAY!  Basically this is an organization that grants people in Alex's situation a dream that they can make come true!  WOW!  How awesome is that for him!  AFter going thru all of this... OMG... HE SOOO DESERVES IT!  I will keep you posted as to the outcome of that... CAN'T WAIT!

Tomorrow brings a new day with new beginnings and Alex Michael will stop at nothing to provide that!  Make it a great day for you.... don't sweat the small stuff......take a second and think of the many BLESSINGS in your life and focus on the positives and not the negatives.  It will make all the difference in how your day plays out.  Is the glass half empty or half full?  ALWAYS HALF FULL....ALWAYS!  FILL IT UP YA'LL.... FILL IT UP!  And always... always... GIVE THANKS TO GOD!  AMEN!



PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa