On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

GREAT DAY OUT!







He was in rare form today when he woke up and I think he has Tourette's Syndrome for real, lol!!!  He is randomly throwing things out there and I know this is part of the healing process but Lord have mercy!  I feel like I constantly have to monitor everything he says to everyone.  Thank God he is nice to strangers... well for the most part!  Sometimes I feel like he is playing the system and knows that he can get away with it because of the situation.  Anywho... we did have a great time today... he was all smiles at the bowling alley and ate pizza and chicken strips and fries.  He did awesome and had a great time bowling... much needed time out of this place with friends and smiles!



ALL BUT ONE!


SPARE!!!  WAY TO GO ALEX!



He did great in therapy this week and because we were dealing with so much other stuff in here with him I didn't post the pics but I wanted you to see he is taking steps with both therapist and his left leg is getting stronger and stronger.  His physical therapy is going great even though we are dealing with this whole new attitude that started Monday.











I just wanted to share his progress with ya'll... I am taking the day off.... Randi, Chad and I are going to movies and out to eat.  We are excited to get out.... THANK YOU Miss Rhonda for babysitting for us!  Maybe Alex will go to sleep for her, hee hee!

I'll write tomorrow afternoon.... we have couple of special visitors coming tomorrow and I'll have more pics!!!  WE ARE TRULY LOVED AND I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU ALL CONTINUE TO GIVE!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!   

Thank you God for one more day with my handsome boy!  I take myself back to day one and it puts it all in perspective for me and I am reminded of how awesome you are and what you are capable of.  This phase shall pass .... he will be the same ole alex  we love and know.  I have come this far and I know that I can get thru this.  As Alex says... I got this!  With God all around me.... Randi, Chad and Brooks beside me.... all of you ... how could I not!  This ain't nothing compared to where we were on day one and that's how I get thru each day!

Have a great weekend.... remember... LIVE FOR TODAY!  Don't sweat the small stuff... don't spend your whole weekend cleaning house... family time... because one second ... one phone call can change your life.... and you can't get it back!

love ya'll!!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa