On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

SUNDAY RELAX DAY!




NICK'S SAVE OR SHAVE THIS FRIDAY AT THE LANDING!!
March 19th at the Landing in conjunction with Gator Country 99.9 Free Concert Series

Chuck Wicks with WIlliams Riley

Come Support Nick, buy a vote and witness.... 
Will he be able to SAVE it.... or will he have to SHAVE it????

THANK YOU GATOR COUNTRY FOR SUPPORTING HIS CAUSE!!
Eden, Steve and Amadeus ..... we love you!


Ohhh my Nick Nick.... time is drawing near that your beautiful blonde hair will probably be coming off!  I can't tell you how proud of you I am that you would be so selfless to practically auction your hair off to raise money for your little brother!  Thank you my sweet boy.... You will still be beautiful with or without hair and I am soooo proud of the awesome young man you have turned out to be!  THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.... MOMMA LOVES YOU BUNCHES!

TODAY
Naturally Alex was in rare form again today... our daily ritual of smart comments...not so nice attitude and we had to step out of the room a couple of times and let Chad and he have some bonding time lol!

Alex did have a couple of special visitors today...one Miss Emily Martin, who works CSI came and brought him  a couple of things from her unit....he really enjoyed that being that's where his heart is and what he wants to do once he graduates high school.  I forgot to take a pic with him and Emily with all his new goodies... sorry Emily!

He also had a couple of fans stop by to meet him and see him in person.... someone they follow daily and pray for all the time... Alex of course told them to go back and tell everyone that they met Alex Ross, lil turkey!  Thank you Ryan and Colin for making Alex feel extra special today... his head will be so big when we go to leave this place we may need to adjust his doorway so he can get thru it!



Our other special visitor for today was Mr. Rich Collier, the former Jaguar Player, who once visited Alex while Alex was under sedation at Shands.  He and Alex had some great bonding time and he gave Alex a little encouragement of how to get thru each day and some inspiration to really try hard because once you go home... it's just not the same.  Alex related to him and how hard therapy is for him and how no one understands what he is going thru.  Thank you Rich .... I think you hit home a couple of times with Alex and I hope the encouragement sticks with him when he goes to therapy tomorrow!  You are now part of the family and don't be surprised if I'm not calling you in a couple of days because Alex says you told him you would bring him Popeyes, lol!  We are blessed to have you in our lives and I can't thank you enough for taking time out of your busy day to give YOUR time to my handsome boy!  We really enjoyed your visit today and look forward to the next.



Little Alex 5' 2" with Rich Collier 6' 8"!! WOW you are big Rich, lol!


I can't believe the weekend is already gone and we are back to Monday.  Lord, please give Alex the positive attitude he needs to get thru this week in therapy and wrap your arms around him with kindness so that he doesn't portray the hateful disposition that is with us more often than not.  Give me and Randi the strength to bite our tongues and find peace and comfort of just being in his presence.... ALIVE.  Remind us on a daily basis of how lucky we are that he is here.... by your saving grace.... THANK YOU LORD for another day with my handsome boy!

Hoping you all find blessings in your week this week.... there are many... you just have to appreciate them!

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

PS... Prayer warriors please pray for my future mom-in-laws father as he has fallen ill again and she is having to travel to Macon every weekend.  Pray for her safe travels as well and give her the strength to get thru each week of being away during the week and not being able to be there 24-7.  I can appreciate the fact that I am able to be here with Alex and don't know what I would do if I couldn't do it for someone of my immediate family!  I love you Miss Jeanne and I am praying for you and your family.... you are all very special to me! xoxo