On January 6th, 2010 Alex suffered a gunshot wound to the head...given 3 HOURS TO LIVE ....this is our story of survival and how God continues to work in and through our lives!

Monday, March 15, 2010

TAKING IT TO THE TREADMILL! GO ALEX!

Alex worked hard today on the treadmill..... not like you or I would do... but much more intense and alot more stressful.  He's a trooper... trying to focus not only on keeping up with the pace but making sure he is stepping with his feet.  Therapist work with feet to make sure he is bending knee and taking step.... kinda crazy to watch.  I can only think that doing this 3 times a week will get that left leg moving without thinking about it!






Please pray for Alex as he has been having nightmares the past two nights... intense nightmares.... flashbacks of what happened, waking up soaked from sweat from dreaming of laying in pools of blood scared to death.  I can only imagine what is running through his mind and how he is feeling.  Psychologist will begin medication on thursday after his Tebow outing so that we can diminish some of the dreams and fears that he is going thru.  Wednesday will be soooo good for him to get his mind off of things and kinda be a normal kid again!  He is still expressing fear and when I put on the movie "The Hurt Locker" to watch... he had me turn it off because of the guns and violence.  I had no idea what the movie was about lol.... we just saw that it got lots of awards on the Oscars and we borrowed it from the Gabi's parents to watch.  He is like a sponge soaking up everything you say and doesn't FORGET a thing!  I think he is retaining more information now and may be we can put him in the "gifted" program lol!  He has us googling EVERYTHING.... and here is where I put smiles on your faces today.....  we google such things as:

"why does your poop float?"
"why is poop green?"
"how does a squirrels cheeks expand for nuts"
"the python that ate the gator and the gator clawed his way out"
"cops assaulting people, tazing"
"hemorrhoids"
"tsunami"

and anything and everything that he doesn't know and we can't answer!  Glad google doesn't charge by clicks because we would be broke!  I love that he wants to know everything though.  Unlike before, ha ha.  I read him two stories for homework that were comprehension and he had to go back and answer the questions multiple choice.  He knew them all without me going back over them!  Before this.... he had to go straight to the questions and FIND the answers!  Again... his brain is like a sponge and it is really truly A MIRACLE of all that he knows, comprehends and remembers!  THANK YOU GOD!  Because I tell you what... God is the only explanation of Alex Michael Ross alive, breathing, moving, talking, listening, seeing, thinking.... all of it!  You may not know it but I was told......only 11% of people with his injury survive.... 5% functional... and probably 1% as good as Alex is doing at the rate he is doing it!  

I had some not so good news today regarding my job.  Unless I return to work tomorrow, my position is to be terminated.  Well.... you all know that my hands are tied so my position with my new job will be terminated tomorrow.  Prayer warriors ..... I know that God has a plan for me.... once again I am having to put all my faith in him and trust that he will either keep that position open so that I can step right back in or he will have me booked on Oprah telling our story, lol!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job and the new family that I inherited by working there the 6 days that I did.  I REALLY would love to go back there but we all know it's not what we want... it's what GOD wants that is the final outcome.  Maybe this is just another test.... but I will pass it, lol!  Me and J.C.  we got this!  God has taken care of me this far....this too shall pass and my life will resume back to normal..... ONE DAY, lol!  I'm not going to sweat the small stuff... who needs a job right? hahahahaha....  I DO!  But all in time..... my focus is here right now and here is where I am going to stay!  Job or no Job.... I still have the family from that job and can't wait till our dinner saturday night!!  I LOVE YOU GUYS and no matter if I get the job back... God put me in that position for a reason soooo our friendships are steadfast .... and we will continue to be friends job or no job!

Signing off early tonight... Alex seems to fall asleep easier if he thinks Randi and I are going to sleep.  So I am back to putting a 5 year old to sleep by faking my sleep, lol.  WHATEVER it takes to get the job done!

Nick's SAVE it or SHAVE it is this Friday night at the Landing.... come out and support....he is selling votes and will be Friday night as well..... my baby will probably be losing his beautiful hair!!  What an awesome brother you are Nicholas!  Thank you Gator Country 99.9 for supporting his cause and tying this in with your free concert series!  Eden, Steve and Amadeus.... we love ya!

I vow that we all make tomorrow a great day.... it is what we make it!  
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"  MATTHEW 21:22

PEACE~LOVE~N~THUMBS UP!

Lisa

ps...  I am just curious as to how you follow the blog?  It says I only have 24 followers!  I know that there are a lot more of you out there than this thing says.... if you would, just for grins and giggles... can you sign up so I can let Alex know just how many people REALLY are following his story?    I think at the bottom of this post there is a place to subscribe to the posts???  If not too much trouble... sign up so I can let him know just how many people are praying for him... I think he will be AMAZED at the response!  THANKS MUCHO!